• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM my AF15

21 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Davemate said:

Yup, picked it up for about $500 at a comic con (in San Diego?) 30~ years ago. He was gutted as the spent all his money on it, and found one in a better condition later that day!

Thank you for that information. Regardless of whatever grade we think it is, you really should send this to CGC for a thorough evaluation...

Edited by The Lions Den

Something seems off about the front cover. I am NOT a good judge of being able to detect restoration but my Spidey sense is tingling about something.

If all legit,  I am at a 6.0-6.5. Mainly for the edge chipping and small stain on inside of cover. Otherwise, this could be 7.0-7.5 easy. But again, something about how sharp and black the title and top area looks is making me feel funny. However, I don't see any signs of anything on the inside cover so I could be very very wrong. 

23 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Something seems off about the front cover. I am NOT a good judge of being able to detect restoration but my Spidey sense is tingling about something.

If all legit,  I am at a 6.0-6.5. Mainly for the edge chipping and small stain on inside of cover. Otherwise, this could be 7.0-7.5 easy. But again, something about how sharp and black the title and top area looks is making me feel funny. However, I don't see any signs of anything on the inside cover so I could be very very wrong. 

Trust your Spidey sense...  

Upon closer inspection of the book, I do think that there might be some color touch on the cover, appears slight-mod is my guess..  Dunno why at the top of the pages there is a black marker line in the middle.  Seems odd..  Then again I am not a professional and it's best to spot resto. work in hand.  I'm hoping though that it is unrestored.  Definitely have it checked out by an expert and graded.

I'm going to give it a 6.5 Slight/Mod.

I'm still learning here, and am not looking to represent myself as any sort of expert, but to me, this book has the feel of having been trimmed. Those are very tight corners given the chips on the edge and comparing it to other copies of this issue, the amount of margin at the top, bottom and right seems diminished

48324653_1_x.jpg

7 minutes ago, ronvogel said:

I'm still learning here, and am not looking to represent myself as any sort of expert, but to me, this book has the feel of having been trimmed. Those are very tight corners given the chips on the edge and comparing it to other copies of this issue, the amount of margin at the top, bottom and right seems diminished

48324653_1_x.jpg

I think you're correct...

12 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

My instincts told me that The Last Jedi was going to be great. I've never used The Force again after that unfaithful night...

Well, I'm sorry about that. Perhaps it was just wishful thinking..?

13 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

My instincts told me that The Last Jedi was going to be great. I've never used The Force again after that unfaithful night...

:whatthe: What?!?!?! The Last Jedi was awesome lol 

Spoiler

:signfunny: