• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Detective Comics #6 CGC 2.5 Sig Series/Detective Comics #72 CGC 6.0 Sig Series FOR SALE

6 posts in this topic

Detective Comics #72 CGC 6.0 Sig Series signed by Jerry Robinson.

Again, I bought this book raw off metropoliscomics.com, except no time payments this time. I responded to a thread from board member SignatureSelect who was getting books signed at a convention that Jerry Robinson was at before he passed away. There are 12 copies CGC'd that are a higher grade. One of the oldest Jerry Robinson signed books. The yellow cover always looks great with a Sig Series banner above it.

Asking $1,000 OBO

0609191557.jpg

0609191558.jpg

0609191558b (1).jpg

1 hour ago, Hawkman said:

This is officially the oldest signed book in the world.

Wow, super cool signature story, and if it’s really the oldest CGC recognized signature, then sounds like this should sell in a heartbeat! Good luck with the sale. Amazing stuff. 

19 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

Wow, super cool signature story, and if it’s really the oldest CGC recognized signature, then sounds like this should sell in a heartbeat! Good luck with the sale. Amazing stuff. 

Yeah, I was able to find a book from the mid-1910's that was found with a signature, but no way to confirm if it was real or not. I figure there's probably a few earlier, but not CGC'd.