• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED! FFF's Raw AH! Lots of cheap Adam Hughes!
1 1

270 posts in this topic

Hello all! 

It's been a while since I've done one of these, so hopefully I remember all of the ins and outs. If I manage to miss something, please shoot me a PM before poofing the thread, much appreciated!

I'm blasting out 2 short boxes worth of raw Adam Hughes books. You'll find lots of the usual suspects like WW and Catwoman, but there will also be some random oddball stuff from his early career, as that's the era I prefer. There aren't any pricey variants in the thread, we're talking mostly $3-$10 common books here. So don't hold your breath, that Supergirl & LoSH 23 isn't going to be showing up! Oh, and I think I've got a small stack of Bolland WW covers to sell as well. And who knows what else. But for now, it's mainly all about Hughes.

There are two & a half short boxes of books to be listed here, and I'm going to do my level best to blast through more than half of them today. Whatever isn't posted by 5 or so, I'll pick up again tomorrow. But my intention is to have everything up within two days, invoices sent, and this thread all wrapped up by the weekend.

So, enough jawin', here's the rules:

1. No HOS or Probs

2. Paypal or timely Money Order, Paypal is preferred though

3. Payment is due within a week of invoice being sent. Invoices will be sent within 24 hours of thread closing. I do plan on having this thread wrapped up in a day or two, so it'd be swell to have payments processed by the weekend if possible. That would make me smile. But if you need more time, we can work it out.

4. Refunds/Returns are cheerfully given if:

A. Book is damaged in transit, or,

B. I missed something in grading. I'm not perfect, and I was going cross-eyed by the time I was done scanning all of these books, so I may have missed things. I think you'll find I'm honest and very reasonable and easy to deal with. If I screwed up, i am happy to make it right.

However, no returns just because you decide you don't want the book anymore. These are cheap books, so I don't expect this to come up anyway.

5. Shipping is done via USPS.

1-2 books should be good to go 1st class in a flash mailer for $5. (can also ship priority for $8)

3+ books will go Priority, actual rate depending on the number of books. As an example, 3-10 (maybe a few more) should be able to go in a Region A box or a 1092/1095 combo for about $10, and 10-40 (or maybe a few more) should be able to go medium flat rate for about $13. Whatever the actual cost is, that's what you'll pay.

I'm not a fan of media rate, but will ship if Buyer takes full responsibility. 

6. International shipping - Happy to ship to our international boardies! Shipping will be actual cost, either first class international or priority, depending on the total weight. A couple of books can go first class pretty reasonably, but beyond that it's priority, and that can get expensive quick. So keep that in mind, and don't claim the books if you aren't prepared for the possibly expensive shipping cost.

7. One of my Kudos threads is linked on my profile avatar thingie to your left. I have another one floating around out there as well, somewhere. I have been a registered user for 10 years now, and have sold tons of cheap books as well as pricey books here on the boards. I sell on eBay under the name mrbobdobbs, and have long been a top rated power seller (though I haven't been selling much recently so that status may not be current) with a 100% positive feedback rating of over 5k. If you need more references, you can come by my parents' house for dinner one night. They're very fond of me and will be happy to tell you all about it. My wife...best to not ask her.

8. In thread :takeit:  trumps all PM negotiations or conversations. It's fine if you want to close the deals anonymously via PM, but if someone takes the book in thread before I get around to reading your PM, they get the book.

9. I should be available to update the thread and answer PM's most of the day 8am to 5:00pm EST, but am not on often after that time. Thread will be updated first thing the following morning.

10. Since these are generally cheap books, and there are a ton of them, I've only done front covers scans for most of them. I've done front and back for most of the pricier stuff. If you need a back cover scan or pics, I'm more than happy to send, just PM me. (Though note that the book is still available for sale until it is claimed in the thread, so if someone hits the :takeit: before I'm able to send the pics to you, it belongs to them.)

Ok, hopefully that covered it. Let's go!

Edited by F For Fake

Catwoman 44 - Newsstand - F/VF, nice copy but has a few noncolobreaking cover dings/dents. $6

IMG_7806.JPG

CW 44 - Direct Copy - Same as above, F to VF, some noncolorbreaking dings and dents, still looks nice in a bag $5

IMG_7807.JPG

SOLD!

Spoiler

CW 45 FN to FN+, large noncolobreaking bend on the back cover...I need to grab a scan of that, will update it later with a back pic! - $8

IMG_7808.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

SOLD Per Pm

Spoiler

CW 47 - NM $6

IMG_7810.JPG

Edited by F For Fake

SOLD!

Spoiler

CW 48 - F/VF, finger dent/divot top middle cover $5

IMG_7811.JPG

Edited by F For Fake