• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Mom Saved My Marvels (pun intended)... :-)

13 posts in this topic

Hello comic lovers...first time on this forum but reasonably familiar with the etiquette...(I hope.)

I have many dozens of Silver Age Marvels that thankfully, my dear mother stored away. They're not prize winners but since I got zero help on the other forum, I thought I would try here.

I'm graphically-capable but sadly,  I did not read the Forum Guidelines post prior to scanning as I did this for another reason at another time but I hope the dark scanner bed gives adequate contrast. Live and learn.

BTW, these images, while downsampled in PS, were not edited other than to balance the histogram during scanning.

Anyway, if there's a buddy here who can spare a grade or a grade range, this old codger would most certainly appreciate it.

This issue is quite typical of the others with a few being noticeably better and of course, some worse.  Here's the example and thank you for your time and efforts.

Regards,

KB

ff-52-front_forum-post.jpg

ff-52-back_forum-post.jpg

Edited by kilomikebravo
Forgot something

Thanks to your mom for not throwing your comics away, and thanks to you for posting a great issue of the FF as your first offering. 

4.0 is exactly what I was thinking on this book...and of course, welcome to the boards!   :applause:

Edited by The Lions Den

15 minutes ago, kilomikebravo said:

Yep, my humor can FREQUENTLY be lame, my apologies. :-)

But since y'all were so nice to give me the FF grades, I wonder if I could impose on you for a couple more.

TIA as always...

Only one comic book per topic. :pullhair:

You can post up to 3 topics per day, though.

Sorry about that, Mods...I DID read the sticky but of course, forgot.

And regarding my failed attempt at humor, the old CRS brain combined "saved my bacon" and "lost my marbles." <still laughing at my own stupidity.

Edited by kilomikebravo