• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating GEEzusWalks
3 3

260 posts in this topic

The seller should be bending over backwards apologizing and doing the things people are saying to help clear his name. The fact that he isn't says something. And exactly how long did he look for the lost book? I think a reasonable person would spend a few days trying to locate it. 

9 hours ago, Spidey 62 said:

Can't the PL be for a limited time? As a first offense, or warning type of thing? 

It is for a limited time, that time ends when the seller makes the buyer "whole" which he has done by refunding his money. 

If he actually pulled the book because he realized he sold it for too little it's a D move of course, but how can that be proven?

I also think something smells fishy, but I can't prove it (shrug)

It seems to me that based on the current evidence the seller won’t be added to the probation list; however, if the book surfaces in his possession and he then refuses to complete the sale at the agreed price then he will be added to the PL. 

21 minutes ago, Red84 said:

It seems to me that based on the current evidence the seller won’t be added to the probation list; however, if the book surfaces in his possession and he then refuses to complete the sale at the agreed price then he will be added to the PL. 

Agree however the seller purposefully removed pictures of the book from his sales thread after the fact.  It has been requested that for the sake of transparency he post those pictures which he obviously still has here so the community can be on the look-out for this book regardless if it's in his posession or turns up for sale elsewhere.  IMO failure to meet that simple request should get him added to the PL.

16 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

I will say that if the seller continues to be silent on the request to produce clear pictures of the book which he has I’d totally support for him being on the PL.  Not posting them speaks volumes.

Not siding with the  seller #teambrock, but how can he post pictures of a book he lost? 

3 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

I’ve been asked what the seller can do to get off the PL list if he was placed there:

lets make it real simple 

if he gets put on the PL list, to be removed, he has to post clear images of the book so that there is a good show of faith and transparency.  

Until that happens, he would be on the PL. 

this seems reasonable. If someone can’t even be bothered to post the images (after deleting them) then they don’t deserve to be able to buy and sell.  

That's absolutely fair IMHO.

2 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

@crassus Thoughts on adding seller until he produces those pictures?

It is reasonable. My original reservations had to do with the possibility it really was lost, and if so there would be nothing the seller could do to prove it. Brock's suggestion is a fair response to that problem, as the seller no longer has to prove he lost a book. I think the reposting of the original pictures is a good faith gesture, and especially so since it would show respect to Brock's concerns without putting the seller under any undue burden. 

I did not find the seller's reactions to the problem convincing, losing a book like that for most people is a five alarm emergency, and again I think most sellers, if they really thought it lost (as in, OMG!! where is it? kind of lost) they would buy some time to try and find it with the hope it would turn up and they could complete the sale. 

I think in fairness to the seller, @Columbia Comics should (if he hasn't already) follow up with a PM to the seller giving him a chance to produce the pics before the 72hrs elapses. 

One thing about procedure. The PL is (like a lot of systems) a mix of the strict letter and a lot of custom and commentary. Strictly speaking none of us have a say in whether he goes on or off the PL, its really only Brock who decides, with the important qualification that it assumes the nomination is otherwise consistent with the facts and conform to the few strict rules laid down for the PL, and that what is asked of the seller can be seen as a reasonable "completion" of the transaction. 

The only sense in which the posting of the pictures "completes" the transaction is that the buyer is thereby willing to let the matter rest. That is for sure in one sense "completing" the transaction. 2c

12 minutes ago, Heronext said:

So we can back of deals here by claiming to have lost the book?  Duly noted.

Baby steps... In all honesty I think what is being put forth in this nomination by the wronged party is reasonable and goes further than most others I have seen where if a refund was made, case was closed.  I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments though.