• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating GEEzusWalks
3 3

260 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

Couple thoughts floating in my head:

1) it would be unfair to ask any seller to go out, acquire a book at FMV and sell to another at less than FMV.  So I would never ask that to happen

2) I do appreciate the seller coming into the thread to offer up his side of the story....but...

3) The answers received continue to be murky at best and cast doubt as to the truth of the matter.

Too many contradictions to basic questions at this point.  No real clarity as to why photos are deleted in one spot vs. another (and sorry, the "people use the cert #'s for registry" answer is bogus).  EVERY single book on CLink, Heritage and CC have the cert #'s available.  Sorry, this one does not track.

I've never once take the position that the seller is flat out lying that he lost the book.  The actions that transpired after I paid and was refunded have just cast a significant amount of doubt as to the actual truth being told...however, the fact still remains that it is possible (although not probable) that the book was lost.

However, I do not feel at this time that the seller has satisfactorily answered all the questions posed and therefore, I am not removing my PL nomination at this time.  If the seller wants to address his "confusion," then I believe we are all ears....

Wow - is this still on going??  The seller appears to have come on here and defended themselves a couple different times and I don't think there will ever be satisfaction no matter how much points they defend themselves against.  I have no idea if the book was lost and things do seem fishy but this level of demanding a pound of flesh is excessive and a detriment to the PL list.

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - is this still on going??  The seller appears to have come on here and defended themselves a couple different times and I don't think there will ever be satisfaction no matter how much points they defend themselves against.  I have no idea if the book was lost and things do seem fishy but this level of demanding a pound of flesh is excessive and a detriment to the PL list.

Actually, the seller has come on here, given conflicting answers to some questions while avoiding others.  But hey, everyone deserves a participation trophy right?

13 hours ago, faster friends said:

That book will never turn up with the same cert number. It will be cracked out and resubmitted.

Of course it will be. 

On 6/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, GEEzusWalks said:

The prior threads are a few years old.  We didn’t know they were still accessible.  

Also, we addressed this matter the same day thread was started and unaware the ongoing discussion until skypinkinblue sent PM. 

Sorry for the mishap. 

I'm not sure you even know this is still ongoing.  CC had some follow up questions that he feels where not answered sufficiently - could you ask him if you are confused at this point to what questions are outstanding (I'm not sure I know at this point).  If you do not have a good answer let him know you don't have an answer but I think he is just looking for some clarification or documentation on where the book could have gone.  If you are selling on a bunch of venues and can't piece together where the book went then let him know what you do know and i think it will get resolved.  Big ticket books like that do not simply vanish so I'm sure you can help explain what may have happened.

47 minutes ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello CC,

We sold a few books over the past few weeks via feebay and the boards.  We are not able to locate ASM 5.

Sorry for the mishap. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Once again...you still don't get it.  You continue to hide behind vague and ambiguous answers.

If you sold it via eBay, show everyone the sales receipt.  If you sold it on the boards, show us the PayPal receipt or the PM where you sold it. 

Provide the answers to the simple questions....if you cannot, then you remain.

32 minutes ago, faster friends said:

Too vague. eBay has a record of what you sold and you know it did not sell on the boards. That means it is somewhere.

Find it. That is your only out to save your reputation here.

What you say by the point is true, faster friends. GEEzusWalks, your house only has that much space in where you “lost” the book ASM 5. Find it and put the matter settled out, be done with it. 

As my grandpa once said to me, “How much would you value your reputation and honour?” When I pounded on that question, I said to him “A lot?” He said, “No, Put everything you have in you to fight and stand up for your reputation, son”. Honour is everything.

My grandpa was involved in WW2 with the Navy. 

31 minutes ago, Columbia Comics said:

Once again...you still don't get it.  You continue to hide behind vague and ambiguous answers.

If you sold it via eBay, show everyone the sales receipt.  If you sold it on the boards, show us the PayPal receipt or the PM where you sold it. 

If the book was sold on E-bay we would have found it - not that many graded copies that have sold over the time period.  Its a terrible answer but what will be the resolution be if he just can't find the book and he can't find any sales receipt?  He stays on the PL list forever.

1 hour ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello CC,

We sold a few books over the past few weeks via feebay and the boards.  We are not able to locate ASM 5.

Sorry for the mishap. 

I think at this point its obvious that saying sorry will not appease CC so saying thanks for the understanding is just making things worse.  Look thru your Paypal payments for something that could be the ASM and do a bit of digging to see if it was the ASM 5.  I do agree a ASM 5 slab just doesn't disappear - its a large slab with a valuable book in it.  Did you set up at a Con during that time?  If you have looked everywhere and can't find any receipt that would indicate you sold the book then you will have to throw yourself at the mercy of the court and hope it gets figured out.

1 hour ago, Columbia Comics said:

I can understand losing a book or selling a book you've already sold, these things can happen. But I'm a super duper small timer and I keep records of every transaction on a spreadsheet and keep all my receipts. If I can do that surely a big timer like the seller can do no less?

It's starting to really smell fishy now.

4 hours ago, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello CC,

Sorry for the mishap. 

If you listed it both here and on Ebay, that doesn't follow the selling guidelines.  Is that what you are saying?

And if you sold it on Ebay, the posting would still be there if it was within the past few weeks, albeit closed/sold.

Edited by telerites

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

....but what will be the resolution be if he just can't find the book and he can't find any sales receipt?  He stays on the PL list forever.

That would be the case. 

The original worry was that he had no way to get off the list; however, the OP has given him several fair methods to the resolve the issue: 

1. Repost the original pictures (says he cannot) 

2. Find the sales receipt (shouldn't be hard). 

3. Find the book (gotta be somewhere in the house). 

I think he's been given several fair opportunities here. (shrug)

This isn't a witch-hunt or a "detriment to the PL" as has been suggested by another boardie. The truth is that we cannot allow this to go down. If we do, we are setting a dangerous precedent for sellers by allowing them to back out of a done deal by "losing" the book. 

It's very unfortunate for the seller in this case, but I think he's been given fair opportunity to solve this matter. 

On 6/20/2019 at 7:00 AM, GEEzusWalks said:

Hello CC,

Sorry for the mishap. 

If you'd sold it recently on ebay you should remember and you'd certainly have proof of the transaction on your ebay account and it would be easy to end all this by posting a link.  You're post is just an attempt to muddy the waters and there's clearly no interest on your part to find the book or track down where it went.

I was against putting you on the PL because things can get lost but your vague and incomplete replies and your changing excuses clearly show that you're not cooperating and not telling the truth.  Not that it matters at this point but I support your inclusion on the PL. 

2 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

If you'd sold it recently on ebay you should remember and you'd certainly have proof of the transaction on your ebay account and it would be easy to end all this by posting a link.  You're post is just an attempt to muddy the waters and there's clearly no interest on your part to find the book or track down where it went.

I was against putting you on the PL because things can get lost but your vague and incomplete replies and your changing excuses clearly show that you're not cooperating and not telling the truth.  Not that it matters at this point but I support your inclusion on the PL. 

I asked the same thing earlier, Dave and no response.  Keeps getting pulled down in the quicksand he creates is what appears to be happening and the lack of response doesn't help his cause.  

He visited here two hours ago and both of us quoted him.  My post was from yesterday.

On 6/20/2019 at 6:29 PM, newshane said:

That would be the case. 

The original worry was that he had no way to get off the list; however, the OP has given him several fair methods to the resolve the issue: 

1. Repost the original pictures (says he cannot) 

2. Find the sales receipt (shouldn't be hard). 

3. Find the book (gotta be somewhere in the house). 

I think he's been given several fair opportunities here. (shrug)

This isn't a witch-hunt or a "detriment to the PL" as has been suggested by another boardie. The truth is that we cannot allow this to go down. If we do, we are setting a dangerous precedent for sellers by allowing them to back out of a done deal by "losing" the book. 

It's very unfortunate for the seller in this case, but I think he's been given fair opportunity to solve this matter. 

I agree. Put him on the list until he does something that warrants that position being reviewed. 

Now, can we stop now? If I see the title 'nominating GEEzusWalks' one more time whilst scanning the 'all activity' page I'll stop going to church.