Nominating GEEzusWalks
5 5

123 posts in this topic

26,219 posts
6 hours ago, Columbia Comics said:

Couple thoughts floating in my head:

1) it would be unfair to ask any seller to go out, acquire a book at FMV and sell to another at less than FMV.  So I would never ask that to happen

2) I do appreciate the seller coming into the thread to offer up his side of the story....but...

3) The answers received continue to be murky at best and cast doubt as to the truth of the matter.

Too many contradictions to basic questions at this point.  No real clarity as to why photos are deleted in one spot vs. another (and sorry, the "people use the cert #'s for registry" answer is bogus).  EVERY single book on CLink, Heritage and CC have the cert #'s available.  Sorry, this one does not track.

I've never once take the position that the seller is flat out lying that he lost the book.  The actions that transpired after I paid and was refunded have just cast a significant amount of doubt as to the actual truth being told...however, the fact still remains that it is possible (although not probable) that the book was lost.

However, I do not feel at this time that the seller has satisfactorily answered all the questions posed and therefore, I am not removing my PL nomination at this time.  If the seller wants to address his "confusion," then I believe we are all ears....

Wow - is this still on going??  The seller appears to have come on here and defended themselves a couple different times and I don't think there will ever be satisfaction no matter how much points they defend themselves against.  I have no idea if the book was lost and things do seem fishy but this level of demanding a pound of flesh is excessive and a detriment to the PL list.

11,570 posts
7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Wow - is this still on going??  The seller appears to have come on here and defended themselves a couple different times and I don't think there will ever be satisfaction no matter how much points they defend themselves against.  I have no idea if the book was lost and things do seem fishy but this level of demanding a pound of flesh is excessive and a detriment to the PL list.

Actually, the seller has come on here, given conflicting answers to some questions while avoiding others.  But hey, everyone deserves a participation trophy right?

4,298 posts
13 hours ago, faster friends said:

That book will never turn up with the same cert number. It will be cracked out and resubmitted.

Of course it will be.