• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic connect auction tonight

12 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Didn’t see a post about this. Some good stuff in the sale. Any thoughts or observations?

Their search engine is hostile.  In fact -- what did anything go for? I don't see any results anywhere, but that's not suprising.

5 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

I was blown out of the water on the Steve Lightle Classic Xmen dark Phoenix cover which sold for $11,277

Kirby cover to Thor 157 sold for 71k

I missed the Classic 41 cover bidding but I would have bowed out as well - that said, I was not surprised by the sale price feels about right

8 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

I was blown out of the water on the Steve Lightle Classic Xmen dark Phoenix cover which sold for $11,277

Kirby cover to Thor 157 sold for 71k

2 hours ago, mtlevy1 said:

I missed the Classic 41 cover bidding but I would have bowed out as well - that said, I was not surprised by the sale price feels about right

Steve Lightle's better/best Classic X-Men covers are easily $10k plus. That #51 at $8,422 may looking (slightly) cheap too. At least as long as anybody cares about Cockrum and Byrne X-Men covers. Look at the body of Steve's covers, there are a handful of dingers but otherwise pretty much all are clean and sharp, "classic" actually, whether X-Men or not. If you want a really nice Lightle cover but need to pry it out of private hands, expect to step up with an offer 1.5x to 2x what you see for public comps.

And yes, disclosure time, I'm talking up my own book as I do own some (not publicly visible or available, even at 2x!)

On 6/11/2019 at 1:06 AM, NicoV said:

Cool -- I look forward to the data when it shows up there (currently there are just a couple Johnny Comets up). In the meantime, given the anemic responses to this thread so far, I guess people are happy to let c-connect go with that whole "shhh - our auctions are secret" strategy. :devil:

28 minutes ago, glendgold said:

Cool -- I look forward to the data when it shows up there (currently there are just a couple Johnny Comets up). 

My apologies, these two upcoming strips did not have a correct date, and because of that the closed auction did not display. It's fixed now, you can check https://comicarttracker.com/comicconnect-auctions/2019-06-10 ! And thanks for pointing out this problem.

28 minutes ago, glendgold said:

In the meantime, given the anemic responses to this thread so far, I guess people are happy to let c-connect go with that whole "shhh - our auctions are secret" strategy. :devil:

That's probably true! For the very same reason a lot of people don't talk about ComicArtTracker to their friends or on social networks because they don't want to share... xD

Edited by NicoV

I heard that a Comic Connect representative had phoned certain clientele several days ago just as a friendly reminder about their auctions ending soon...

And, with only a few days left for bidding, at least a few of the comic book lots were changed to allow for 3 month, 0% interest, timed-payment plans...