Midtown Comics online customer service

6 posts in this topic

3,183 posts

Anyone ever order from Midtown Comics and have a problem with a damaged delivery? I just received a shipment and about half of the books seem to have taken a blunt impact from the side. Just wondering what I'm in for when I contact them regarding the issue.

271 posts
5 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Anyone ever order from Midtown Comics and have a problem with a damaged delivery? I just received a shipment and about half of the books seem to have taken a blunt impact from the side. Just wondering what I'm in for when I contact them regarding the issue.

I've only emailed them one time, but they promptly refunded me for a damaged book. 

9,916 posts

Takes about 2-3 emails. Overall their customer service and quality of product has gone severely downhill in the past 6 months to a year.

123 posts

First off, my business with Midtown is about 1/5th of what it used to be due to quality issues and significant delays.  Getting books 2+ weeks after release date (which has happened numerous times in the last 12 months after never happening in my first 4 years with them) is beyond ridiculous.

Having said that, when I had major damage issues with the Action Comics 1000 Lee Variant, they immediately took care of the issue, and it was 100% e-mail communication.  I was required to take and submit pics of the books and packaging.  They paid for the return and refunded me immediately once their "review" was complete in 24 hours.

60 posts

I quit ordering from them after I received a shipment where it looked like someone hacked a loogie all over the plastic that was covering the comics. No comics were damaged, thankfully. I emailed them and they responded with "So sorry that happened. Have you seen our latest store variant?" Yeah ... I don't know what I was expecting, but I was expecting a little more than that!!!