• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Book tampered? eBay

82 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Yes. Most likely scenario based on the evidence; the images. An aborted and unsuccessfully attempted tampering, followed by an attempt to reseal the breached corner with glue and a vise grips. .

I must be missing something. You're saying this might be  an unsuccessful tampering of a 9.9?

1 hour ago, DomUga said:

Book is in the states while I’m in the Philippines. I fly in next weekend. Hope to get more pictures then. 

Your very own thrilla' in Manila. :sumo: 

Give em' the old one-three, one-three. Two, you get!

Edited by James J Johnson

I think I should just send it for reholder as well. I’m new to this cgc thing. I actually gave a couple high grades books with cracks. I should send them as well. Will be in New York and have a free day. What’s the best way to go about sending these comics for new cases? Help a brother out hehe 

19 minutes ago, DomUga said:

I think I should just send it for reholder as well. I’m new to this cgc thing. I actually gave a couple high grades books with cracks. I should send them as well. Will be in New York and have a free day. What’s the best way to go about sending these comics for new cases? Help a brother out hehe 

If you have a paid cgc account 

Then go to Cgccomics.com 

And then submit comics

Then submission forms

Choose reholder etc.

If you don't have a cgc account... a free account will let you do it at a con 

Or a LCS would be an option....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Cool thanks for tip  

Any local comic shop in manhattan? Think that’s the best way to go about it. Only have a week in the states. I can send it to a lcs and have it mailed to my uncle who lives in NYC. 

Also so how much ball park figure are we talking about? 

Edited by DomUga

4 minutes ago, DomUga said:

Cool thanks for tip  

Any local comic shop in manhattan? Think that’s the best way to go about it. Only have a week in the states. I can send it to a lcs and have it mailed to my uncle who lives in NYC. 

That's out of my ballpark... @Buzzetta

Is there a shop that does cgc services in Manhattan...

@DomUga.... a paid $149 cgc account gives you $149 in cgc credit to put towards reholders if you have enough of them... then you could track your submission. I doubt once a LCS does the cgc for you that they'll then mail it to your uncle.... usually it's pick up at the LCS only to my knowledge....

Thanks for the info  

Ya I was just thinking 2. I got a couple chew #1 9.9s I wanna sell. But the copy I have has a crack. Probably will drastically lower the value of the book but am just weighing options. Hard to do make moves all the way in the Philippines haha. 

Maybe next time if I got more time in the states or make a point to go to a comic convention. Not in a rush as well. 

Wouldve been nice to have extra pocket money selling these comics for my trip though hehe 

I was thinking the same thing that maybe the case was damaged or someone was trying to open it and realized it was cracking and decided to glue it back shut or fix a damaged case.

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's out of my ballpark... @Buzzetta

Is there a shop that does cgc services in Manhattan...

@DomUga adamantium knew what response I would give by tagging me. 

Don’t...

There are no shops to go to in NY that are worth taking away from time you could spend visiting NY. Do other things in NYC and enjoy the culture, food, and  places to visit other than comic shops. 

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

IF indeed this case was cracked opened and re-sealed almost perfectly, I doubt sticker replacement would be a bigger issue 

I don't think that the sticker can be salvaged if removed from an authentic CGC label. So, if the label is a fake, then the sticker wouldn't look right.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@DomUga adamantium knew what response I would give by tagging me. 

Don’t...

There are no shops to go to in NY that are worth taking away from time you could spend visiting NY. Do other things in NYC and enjoy the culture, food, and  places to visit other than comic shops. 

DowntownBuffalo is nice