• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ebay.co.uk have just killed the comics section ;-(

36 posts in this topic

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:
3 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

A noble effort.

It was either him or Herc, who must himself be dead judging by his complete and total failure to return to and comment on the many reactions to his thread!

Lance is a man of few words, but he knows his stuff. He just came to vent.

Just now, goldust40 said:

Lance is a man of few words, but he knows his stuff. He just came to vent.

This is what happens when eBay tinker. They make us tetchy. The rotters. 

2 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

This is what happens when eBay tinker. They make us tetchy. The rotters. 

An affront to decency and good manners. Thankfully we have Boris and the other one to sort all this non-cricket behaviour out.

1 minute ago, goldust40 said:

An affront to decency and good manners. Thankfully we have Boris and the other one to sort all this non-cricket behaviour out.

God in Heaven, help us. 

Just now, Get Marwood & I said:
2 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

God in Heaven, help us.

I'm afraid it's too late for any of that. lol

Just now, goldust40 said:

At least we can still search for U.S. books on eBay UK to combat the imminent misery. Oh wait...

The Happening.

Oh, sorry, wrong thread. 

I was talking to one of the biggest sellers of comics, he said they have done this because they want us to see things in all categories and not just select categories like silver age. 

That way, we might buy other stuff, lol. No I will not, I just won't bother to look at all anymore, I did try to have a look earlier, there was lots of manga, British comics, British annuals, graphic novels, more manga, quite a few modern comics , quite a few cups, autobiographies, cook books and within the first four pages I found one bronze age comic, Black Goliath 4, lol.

Edited by herc2000

2 minutes ago, herc2000 said:

I was talking to one of the biggest sellers of comics, he said they have done this because they want us to see things in all categories and not just select categories like silver age. 

That way, we might buy other stuff, lol. No I will not, I just won't bother to look at all anymore, I did try to have a look earlier, there was lots of manga, British comics, British annuals, graphic novels, more manga, quite a few modern comics , quite a few cups, autobiographies, cook books and within the first four pages I found one bronze age comic, Black Goliath 4, lol.

So effectively they are telling us how to shop, which, given the broad amount of stuff on offer, is ludicrous.

6 hours ago, herc2000 said:

yes, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. Wonder if they'll put all the coins and paper money in one section ;-)

I have around 100 auto-searches in place for which I receive emails daily - today's lot are littered with comics that have no connection to the original filtered search criteria. Just random comics. What a disaster. 

Just noticed this today when I went to list some comics. I wondered why my current lots were getting zero views so in a fit of anti-corporate rage I removed them all. :pullhair:

Don't know what I'm going to do now, I have a lot of drek to shift and some low-grade SA which normally do quite well but if no one can find them?

1 hour ago, Harry Lime said:

Just noticed this today when I went to list some comics. I wondered why my current lots were getting zero views so in a fit of anti-corporate rage I removed them all. :pullhair:

Don't know what I'm going to do now, I have a lot of drek to shift and some low-grade SA which normally do quite well but if no one can find them?

A group of internal ebay stakeholders sat around a table at some point to discuss this change. Assuming it was done properly, a subject matter expert would have tabled the concerns that we are raising here in this thread as a counter to any of the perceived benefits sought by the company.

And they were overruled. 

To the people that overruled them, I say this:

"You smell"

Looks like someone is trying to put the sub categories back, but don't think they know what they're doing, as it's saying bronze age comics , but when you click on it, it shows you pretty much everything and another link to silver age, but shows the same stuff if you click that.

If you list, you might have to reorganize them to the correct section, will still be a mess for a long time I think :-(