WTB Cry for Dawn CFD Ultra High Grade
1 1

6 posts in this topic

1,193 posts
Posted (edited)

In 20 years of dealing in CGC slabs, I've never participated in the registry - even though I've built some great sets over the years.  But one set continues to elude me - I've PM'd a bunch of known CFD collectors, they either have moved on, aren't selling, or their books aren't nicer than what I already have.  I'm looking for Universal Blue labels of the original Cry for Dawn run that are higher in grade than what I have in my registry (link below).  I will even consider raw copies if they appear flawless (including looking at staples in centerfold - rusty?).  Please let me know what you have and asking prices.

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/registry/comics/PeopleSetDetail.aspx?PeopleSetID=130042

In summary, looking for the following:

#1 - 2nd print 9.8

#5 - 2nd print 9.6/9.8

#5 - limited 9.8

#6 - limited 9.8

#7 - limited 9.6/9.8

#8 - 9.8

#8 - limited 9.8

#9 - limited 9.8

Compilation Prevue - blue label (unsigned) any grade, also interested in a green label 9.8 (signed, but not the signed and numbered edition) if you have one

Edited by RedGiant

3,602 posts

Good luck,

I ended up giving up on ever being able to complete my collection so sold all my high grade books.

Just keep an eye on eBay, they come up from time to time. If you ever find a #7 LIMITED in 9.8 grade, you can pretty much demand whatever asking price you want of the book. There might not be any copies out there in the wild...

1,193 posts
On 6/14/2019 at 10:28 PM, NamesJay said:

Good luck,

I ended up giving up on ever being able to complete my collection so sold all my high grade books.

Just keep an eye on eBay, they come up from time to time. If you ever find a #7 LIMITED in 9.8 grade, you can pretty much demand whatever asking price you want of the book. There might not be any copies out there in the wild...

Thanks.