• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

The Avengers was pretty awful. Steed, Peel etc, not Thor, Hulk etc. A real travesty, missing the playful tone of the TV series by about fifty thousand miles. "How now brown cow?" Shove it. 

Meanwhile, @Bosco685, any chance you could amend the thread title? It's been driving my OCD nuts since the first time I seen it. 

3 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Rian Johnson doesn't care about the details of a franchise with history. He doesn't even care about the details within his own movie. Look at the choreography of the throne scene with Rey and Kylo Ren. One of the guards puts on a spinning move with 2 laser-knives and completely avoids contact with Rey because they screwed up. They didn't do a retake. Johnson figured no one would notice. Yeah, a guy could've just y'know kill the leading protagonist, who cares!?

The movie is a :censored:-show and my blood pressure has quadrupled since I began this post...

:roflmao: I'm sorry about your blood pressure, but that's hilarious...

"Have saw?"

Seriously, "have saw?"

my blood pressure is fine but this is the sort of thing that has bubbled up during the entire time i've been reading this thread, which should have started and ended with "Aliens 3," a movie with everything going for it going in except apparently a lack of studio interference

13 minutes ago, Harry Lime said:

Any film with Roger Moore in it except The Man Who Haunted Himself. I kinda like that one.

Ha! Check out my journal Harry. 

6 minutes ago, Sal said:

"Have saw?"

Seriously, "have saw?"

my blood pressure is fine but this is the sort of thing that has bubbled up during the entire time i've been reading this thread, which should have started and ended with "Aliens 3," a movie with everything going for it going in except apparently a lack of studio interference

I know. And not a Saw II joke in sight. 

1 minute ago, Harry Lime said:

Which one? :whatev:

I thought it was perfectly apt for Sir Roger to be Alan Partridge's hero. Stringback gloves and blazers. :sick:

Roger!

2 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Star Wars Episodes 1-3

Come on! 

Duel of the fates, Yoda and Palpatine having a barny. What's not to like. The other two, sure, but the last half an hour of ROTS can surely not be cast as a worst film you have saw! Tell me no Yorick, tell me nay :whatthe:

7 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Plan 9 From Outer Space

Strangely enough, I find that film quite entertaining.

I'll raise you the soul-crushing boredom of Manos, The Hands of Fate.

52 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

The Avengers was pretty awful. Steed, Peel etc, not Thor, Hulk etc. A real travesty, missing the playful tone of the TV series by about fifty thousand miles. "How now brown cow?" Shove it. 

Terribly miscast. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Strangely enough, I find that film quite entertaining.

I'll raise you the soul-crushing boredom of Manos, The Hands of Fate.

Manos: If it's one of Tarantino's favorite films, it must be good, right?

Plan 9: if you go into it expecting it to be bad, then yes, quite entertaining.  Best with a group of drunk friends.

3 minutes ago, Yorick said:

Manos: If it's one of Tarantino's favorite films, it must be good, right?

It really isn't.  Honestly.

Edited by Ken Aldred

52 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Meanwhile, @Bosco685, any chance you could amend the thread title? It's been driving my OCD nuts since the first time I seen it. 

@Get Marwood & I  OCD or brash statements you done made there, Vern?

emotion01.gif.a177e3c239ba5ccd2c0e93b140d673c7.gif

(::insane: