• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

Ok, I'll jump on the grenade.

I'll preface by saying I feel this is the worst movie of all-time based SOLELY on the following it garners.  Additionally, I'm not stating this to pander, I believe this with all my cinematic soul.

The Big Lebowski is an awful movie.  Just terrible.  Is it a joke in-of-itself, purely satirical in its entirety?  Is it high-brow, low-brow or inbetween?  Is it supposed to be thought-provoking, a comedy, a drama, a homogenization of all genres or just camp?  Is it pretentious or for everyone?  The movie's foundation needs to pick a lane.  

I don't get it; I'll never get it and I'm ok with that.

I'll disagree with you here, but your opinion is "valid".  I know people that don't like/get the movie.  I think it's fantastic and hilarious.  I'm a huge fan of the hard-boiled detective genre. At it's core, that's what Lebowski is.  It's a call back to the Chandler/Hammett detective era.  It's just replaced the setting (from the 30's-40's to the 90's) and replaced the "hard boiled detective" (Marlowe/Snead) with a "burnt out slacker" (Lebowski).  And it works.  It's brilliant.  

I feel the same about Napoleon Dynamite.  Someone said earlier that they hated it.  I get that it's not for everyone.  For me, I thought it was wonderfully bizarre and charming.  

Diff'rent strokes and all that.  

Dunno what I would call the "worst movie I've ever seen", but I thought Transformers (the first one, I couldn't bother with the rest) was total garbage.  I turned Avatar off after just over an hour.  I don't find John Candy or Chevy Chase particularly funny (although I like some movies they are in).  Of the MCU movies, I thought the first Thor and Cap weren't very good.  I didn't like Ragnorok on the first viewing (it was "better" on the second viewing, but I still thought it was just meh).   

1 hour ago, sagekilz said:

Ok, I'll jump on the grenade.

I'll preface by saying I feel this is the worst movie of all-time based SOLELY on the following it garners.  Additionally, I'm not stating this to pander, I believe this with all my cinematic soul.

The Big Lebowski is an awful movie.  Just terrible.  Is it a joke in-of-itself, purely satirical in its entirety?  Is it high-brow, low-brow or inbetween?  Is it supposed to be thought-provoking, a comedy, a drama, a homogenization of all genres or just camp?  Is it pretentious or for everyone?  The movie's foundation needs to pick a lane.  

I don't get it; I'll never get it and I'm ok with that.

I've tried watching it 3 times and was more of a slog to get through each time.

The second two times, I'd watched it with friends who were fans of the movie, thinking this would give me a fresh viewpoint.  It really didn't help.

I realized it wasn't that I didn't get it, it just did nothing for me.  Not every movie connects with everyone. 

Has anyone seen ‘The Room’?

It has a reputation for being quite bad, I believe?

In 1975, we were on a school field trip to NYC.  A stop at Radio City Music Hall saw us "treated" to the movie "At Long Last Love" (Cybil Sheppard, Burt Reynolds) - truly the worst movie that I can ever remember seeing.

How bad was it?  Burt Reynolds said:  "I came out of it with better reviews than anyone else," added Reynolds. "But that's like staying afloat longer than anybody else when the Titanic sunk. I still drowned."

I thought that "Monuments Men" was also truly bad...with the subject matter and cast it could have been epic and it was - for all of the wrong reasons.

Edited by pemart1966

On 6/12/2019 at 4:29 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Strangely enough, I find that film quite entertaining.

I'll raise you the soul-crushing boredom of Manos, The Hands of Fate.

I’ve tried watching the new MST3K, and while I’m glad it’s bringing in paychecks for folks I just can’t stomach it. I miss the original Joel days.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:06 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Up for nomination to be worst film ever.  This intelligence sapping anti-masterpiece will have you gripping your last brain cell wishing you could somehow get that time of your life you just wasted back..   Gummo.... 

20190612_200617.jpg

You know I sorta hated his first film too, the one set in NYC.

I’ve come to discover a painful truth...Al Pacino really can be a bad actor when given a bad director and -script. This is a man not above mailing it in for free checks.  While he has had a string of mostly garbage films as of late, nothing comes even close to the soul crushing failure that is...”Hangman”.

Oh my god, this is a hellaciously brutally bad film...like weaponized grade craponium. Blockbuster used to have a section called “Le Bad Cinema” back in the day. This film would have a shelf of honor there. 

12 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

You know I sorta hated his first film too, the one set in NYC.

You must mean KIDS.. yeah."two thumbs up" it says on the posters and cover..Nothing like a sleaze rape scene to wish I had more hands to give it more thumbs down.. Still Gummo takes the cake when talking about worst movies ever..

20190614_234519.jpg

14 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

I thought that "Monuments Men" was also truly bad...with the subject matter and cast it could have been epic and it was - for all of the wrong reasons.

I completely agree. What a massive disappointment this film was. It should have been outstanding, and instead it was legitimately bad. 

Is there a thread in the board for "movies I like"? (not comic related) sorry for the newb question just being too lazy to search today. If so, put my top 4 for this month:
1. Never Grow Old

2. The Hummingbird Project

3. Dragged Across Concrete

4. The Professor and the Madman

On 6/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, Ken Aldred said:
On 6/12/2019 at 1:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

Never seen it, but it has a very bad reputation.

My local supermarket has the Blu-ray in stock for some unfathomable reason this month. :insane:

I can't watch the clip above, out of respect for Steve Gerber.  And my childhood memories of the comic book.

I've only walked out of two movies in my life, and Howard the Duck was one of them.