• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, TwoPiece said:

Say whaaaaaaaaaat?

I was concerned that using the word 'quite' could prove to be a bit too restrained and British.

I was right.

Edited by Ken Aldred

6 hours ago, Drummy said:

Anybody ever see 'The Villain' from the 1970's with a young Arnold Schwartzenegger?  It played like a Road Runner cartoon, but not nearly as funny.  Even at 9 years old I thought it was terrible.

I too have seen this movie, too.doh!

1 hour ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I think the Kevin Smith production "Vulgar" would top my worst list.

Other than Gummo.. I would agree with this one.

20190626_170046.jpg

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Better picture

On 6/26/2019 at 10:56 AM, Drummy said:

young Arnold Schwartzenegger? 

Is this the one where they dub another actors voice over Arnold because his Bavarian accent is so pumped up?  BTW the reason Highlander 2 was worse than all the movies mentioned is because of how awesome the original Highlander was (at least to a 17 year old fanboy) and how bitterly disappointed the sequel left you.  Star Wars Episode 1 comes close and would be the hands down winner if Lucas hadn't already started jumping the shark with the Ewocs.  Godfather 3 has to be up there also.

Edited by ThothAmon

7 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Is this the one where they dub another actors voice over Arnold because his Bavarian accent is so pumped up?  BTW the reason Highlander 2 was worse than all the movies mentioned is because of how awesome the original Highlander was (at least to a 17 year old fanboy) and how bitterly disappointed the sequel left you.  Star Wars Episode 1 comes close and would be the hands down winner if Lucas hadn't already started jumping the shark with the Ewocs.  Godfather 3 has to be up there also.

Someone needs to get those dubbing fees back. :baiting:

Edited by Bosco685

In support of this thread, I found out about a TV show called Svengoolie which follows a similar Mystery Science Theater 3000 - but been around since 1970. It plays low-budget horror films, and has fun with how bad they are. And comic book-related, Alex Ross and George Perez are big fans of the show.

And boy, can he dig up the stinkers and make them fun.

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Surprised you've never heard of Sven, been a staple of Chicagoland TV for decades.  And he still draws a good crowd at C2E2. 

Quite the intelligent film history discussions, too. 

Just saw a documentary called AUDIENCE OF ONE. 

Imagine you're a 40 year old Pentecostal pastor in San Francisco, and at the age of 40 you see your very first movie. Now imagine that immediately following that, you believe that God has spoken to you, telling you to spread his word by making the greatest science fiction movie ever - despite your complete and utter lack of experience in film making. What could go wrong, right? 

Makes Ed Wood look like a cinematic genius. 

On 7/1/2019 at 9:21 AM, kimik said:

Finally watched Venom this past weekend. It has to be in the running for worst film.

I guess you have not watched or streamed 'Iron Sky' parts 1 or 2? Nazis from the moon invade USA which is lead by a president a la Sarah Palin. So bad it is almost good?? :download:

If you want to experience a film that in the end totally destroys any good will it earned from the earlier acts that by Act 3 you feel it was all just a waste...

theheadhunter01.PNG.398c36d9b03670f73c8c2c80af346235.PNG

Starring Christopher Rygh, who is one of two actors in the film and usually a good villain. The budget on this was $30K. And on RT, the 9 critics review it gave the film 100% positive, though no rating consensus was determined.