• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

Here's an explosion, Hollywood.  Think ya can outrun it?  And that's not even a high explosive-
Beirut Explosion Kills 78, Buildings 10km Away Damaged By Shockwaves

7 hours ago, kav said:

Here's an explosion, Hollywood.  Think ya can outrun it?  And that's not even a high explosive-
Beirut Explosion Kills 78, Buildings 10km Away Damaged By Shockwaves

Actually that WAS a big explosion - bigger than a MOAB , but smaller than a nuke , and no outrunning or hiding from that when it sucks up the oxygen you’re trying to breathe . For what’s it’s worth Bill Pullman’s speech from Independence Day was motivating , and Outbreak scared the out of me ( who didn’t know what Ebola was ) but in regards to value as films , I cannot argue .

Edited by Old_Man_Adam

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

I’ve never seen The Spirit as these boards tore it apart. The trailer didn’t seem interesting at all either. I’m thinking about checking it out at some point though.

I’ve seen pieces of it - but it’s easily the weakest of the Frank Miller influenced films 

7 hours ago, Oddball said:

I’ve never seen The Spirit as these boards tore it apart. The trailer didn’t seem interesting at all either. I’m thinking about checking it out at some point though.

1 hour ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I’ve seen pieces of it - but it’s easily the weakest of the Frank Miller influenced films 

Even with the lashing it took on here I tried to watch it and got 12-15 minutes into it and wondered why was I doing this to myself.

That's sad when you consider the source material this is based on. It could have been a lot of fun. Will Eisner was let down!

Not the worst, though it strived to achieve that title.

Cosmic_Sin.JPG.3feb80b2da893dca08c913b835b7261f.JPG

Fandango had accidentally posted this for $.99 and the rental for $19.99 so when that news spread people went on a buying spree.

Bruce Willis gives this hero speech in the end that sounds like several movie lines mashed together while he stands there appearing to looking over a restaurant menu. But the saving grace is it has a good soundtrack and Frank Grillo never phones it in.

Knowing that the Dune movie was in development, Asylum Studios created its own version for mockudrama.

Yes, this film actually exists. With a solid 1.7/10 rating on IMDb from over 200 viewers.

Planet_Dune.PNG.716dd0f6e32775f25feb2d8fbe65460b.PNG

Does it deliver for this thread? All indicators points to "HELL YES!"

"That was terrible!" :roflmao:

On 4/6/2021 at 4:56 AM, 1950's war comics said:

i hope no dogs died from that explosion because that would be really a tragedy then...

I had thought about letting moderation know about this

I'll just make it a lesson instead. My heritage is half German, half possibly Hungarian (my father was adopted, no idea of lineage)

I was raised by a man who immigrated from Lebanon when he was 5.

Moral of the story : everyone is from somewhere, and no one place is better than another.

I'm not offended, but I know the mentality, and instead of just saying, oh it's THAT guy, I thought I'd share a bit instead. 

Times are changing grandpa. Get used to it. We're all in this together 

On 11/12/2021 at 9:49 AM, The Meta said:

I had thought about letting moderation know about this

I'll just make it a lesson instead. My heritage is half German, half possibly Hungarian (my father was adopted, no idea of lineage)

I was raised by a man who immigrated from Lebanon when he was 5.

Moral of the story : everyone is from somewhere, and no one place is better than another.

I'm not offended, but I know the mentality, and instead of just saying, oh it's THAT guy, I thought I'd share a bit instead. 

Times are changing grandpa. Get used to it. We're all in this together 

you have taken this COMPLETELY out of context , this is a thread about bad , stupid movies and in most hollywood blockbuster movies they value the life of a dog as much as a human,  

Kevin Costner's death scene in Man of Steel is just one of many countless  hollywood examples of a dog being saved at the expense of a human being

On 11/12/2021 at 3:36 PM, 1950's war comics said:

you have taken this COMPLETELY out of context , this is a thread about bad , stupid movies and in most hollywood blockbuster movies they value the life of a dog as much as a human,  

Kevin Costner's death scene in Man of Steel is just one of many countless  hollywood examples of a dog being saved at the expense of a human being

The explosion depicted in the gif was the fertilizer storage facility in Beruit, Lebanon 

On 11/12/2021 at 5:43 PM, The Meta said:

The explosion depicted in the gif was the fertilizer storage facility in Beruit, Lebanon 

the explosion was in reference to fake hollywood movies where people often survive by ducking into a room as the explosion goes by, the entire thread needs to be read for context

On 11/12/2021 at 3:49 PM, 1950's war comics said:

the explosion was in reference to fake hollywood movies where people often survive by ducking into a room as the explosion goes by, the entire thread needs to be read for context

I haven't read the whole thread, I just read the posts on this page, so I will apologize. 

However the picture depicted and your comment quoting it, is inappropriate 

On 7/10/2021 at 5:11 AM, Bosco685 said:

Not the worst, though it strived to achieve that title.

Cosmic_Sin.JPG.3feb80b2da893dca08c913b835b7261f.JPG

Fandango had accidentally posted this for $.99 and the rental for $19.99 so when that news spread people went on a buying spree.

Bruce Willis gives this hero speech in the end that sounds like several movie lines mashed together while he stands there appearing to looking over a restaurant menu. But the saving grace is it has a good soundtrack and Frank Grillo never phones it in.

Terrible movie

On 4/7/2021 at 12:56 AM, Oddball said:

The Spirit was the most dreadful movie I have ever seen.

Unwatchable, pointless, stupid and with terrible, terrible acting.

Seriously - the FBI should use it for interrogation methods - nobody on Earth could stand more than 20 minutes.

Even worse than 'Crawl'

The Spirit is the only movie that deserves a 0 / 10

Abject.

To me, the worst thing that a movie can be is boring. The most boring movie I've ever seen is Shoot 'Em Up (2007).

515BiGYzYTL._SY445_.jpg

I wanted to walk out, but I couldn't because I had gone to see it with two of my roommates.

Another incredibly bad movie was The Human Centipede.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8kNECKOH5lZNtbxl2vzl

Some movies are so bad that they're good.

The Doom Generation was so bad that I was laughing at parts that weren't supposed to be funny—so I got quite a bit of entertainment value from it.

p16453_p_v10_aa.jpg

Around here, there's basically a three-way race to the bottom, and a very healthy, spirited debate between:

- Fantastic Four (most recent version)

- Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets

- Jupiter Ascending

A special tier all to themselves.  Once in a while someone has the bright idea of giving one of these another watch/chance, but no one hates themselves that much.  Just unwatchable from start to finish.