• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WORST film you witnessed or heard of (comic book or otherwise)
7 7

437 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

You mean the guy that can do all the things that Maz said only the Master Codebreaker, the entire premise of the meaningless 30-minute side quest, can do doesn't need a recognizable name!?

That whole debacle would've contributed more to the film if BB-8 won the First Order as a grand prize after rigging a slot machine to hit on all 7s.  And Snoke was on the main stage in his Liberace get-up singing Viva Las Vegas in the background.

3 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

That whole debacle would've contributed more to the film if BB-8 won the First Order as a grand prize after rigging a slot machine to hit on all 7s.  And Snoke was on the main stage in his Liberace get-up singing Viva Las Vegas in the background.

:roflmao:

42 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Dang thread rules. Can't counter this! :rulez:

What rule did I break? Apart from reminding everyone that Stallone made a film called Get Carter?

When I was young the whole family got up and left California Suite, it was so bad.

Then as a young adult wifey and I went to see The Jetsons as I was such a fan of the tv show but we got up and left pretty quickly for that one as well.

Those are the only two movies I ever paid for and left due to poor quality.

Blair Witch Project..the camera shots were nauseating, had to leave. But the marketing genius behind that movie was amazing, created a niche genre. Apparently some of the actors were listed as missing in IMdB to create even more intrigue that the story was real.

7 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

What rule did I break? Apart from reminding everyone that Stallone made a film called Get Carter?

:gossip: It was a joke. But I am okay with Get Carter as brainless Stallone entertainment.

:foryou:

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:gossip: It was a joke. But I am okay with Get Carter as brainless Stallone entertainment.

:foryou:

:)

32 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

The Spirit - worst film ever, and worst comic film ever - worse than Batman And Robin, Spawn, Catwoman, Elektra, etc.

Mind numbing. Sat through it on a plane back from Seattle (I think) as there was nothing else to watch. Hellish!!!

The trick with airplane movies you think/know will be bad is to watch with the sound off and make up your own dialogue.  Turns out Prince of Persia is about Jake Gylenhall trying to avoid paying his cousin Frank the $50 that he owes him.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Never seen it, but it has a very bad reputation.

My local supermarket has the Blu-ray in stock for some unfathomable reason this month. :insane:

I can't watch the clip above, out of respect for Steve Gerber.  And my childhood memories of the comic book.

Edited by Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

One of the worst has got to be Mary Poppins... I mean Last Jedi. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Yup.  It was no Guardians of the Galaxy 2. 

1 hour ago, goldust40 said:

The Spirit - worst film ever, and worst comic film ever

Beat me to it. 

As an Eisner fan, amazing I could actually finish watching it.

Edited by Ken Aldred

17 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

Beat me to it. 

As an Eisner fan, amazing I could actually finish watching it.

Worst of all, is that I knew it was going to be soul-destroyingly bad after about twenty seconds.

After the cringeworthy initial dialogue, I realized what I had let myself in for but carried on watching anyway. Everyone in it was so bloody awful, it was surreal - and none of it made much sense.

Even the presence of Eva Mendes and Scarlett Johansson couldn't detract from the nightmare. And when the film finally finished, I still had six hours of the flight left. :tonofbricks:

A tip of the hat by the way to the all but forgotten Dck Tracy, which is a close second to the Spirit for me for being so similar - wooden, zero depth, self-indulgent and so poorly directed you didn't care what happened. A vanity project for Beatty and Madonna.

Edited by goldust40