• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Book Alert - Baltimore MD area
1 1

80 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Crops068 said:

I am just responding to interesting comments and conversation.  Interesting side effect is that the stolen book thread stays active. :)

No doubt that @kav can ask pertinent questions, once there is a person to ask..

Not really much to go on and I'm not in Baltimore, I'll just wait :foryou:

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No doubt that @kav can ask pertinent questions, once there is a person to ask..

Not really much to go on and I'm not in Baltimore, I'll just wait :foryou:

all my questions are pertinent.

18 hours ago, Crops068 said:

I am just responding to interesting comments and conversation.  Interesting side effect is that the stolen book thread stays active. :)

And I have to wade through pages of drivel to find no new updates.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:31 PM, aszumilo said:

My Christmas raffle prize, sent using FedEx, went missing.  Called in and reported.  Guy on the phone says driver left it at door.  Case closed.  Called and re-opened case, now driver says he gave it to a man at the door.  Impossible, as I was at work and the only one home was my mother.  Called again and they said there was nothing they can do.  I will never use FedEx again.  They are the worst delivery service

Just because the box went missing, doesn't mean they actually delivered it to the correct address.  I hope the box is recovered, but, I doubt you'll get much help out of FedEx.

I had a similar problem w/FedEX. They STOPPED covering "collectibles" circa 2001 and I never used them ever again. 

CAL who has a pretty good memory...

On 6/14/2019 at 1:46 PM, Calamerica said:

I had a similar problem w/FedEX. They STOPPED covering "collectibles" circa 2001 and I never used them ever again. 

CAL who has a pretty good memory...

UPS does same thing. Won't cover the loss or damage.

Just a bump. No new details but if you see high grade copies of ASM #2, #11 (both tough books in high grade) or an X-men #15 in the 9.2 range come to market I'd really appreciate a heads up.

I've managed to recover pictures of some of the stolen books.

Keep in mind that these books are all currently raw and not in their CGC holders.

1690297692_AmazingSpider-man2CGC8_0white.jpg.032415ffdbf65e315f098be00e26a1b9.jpg

1033864538_AmazingSpider-man11A.thumb.jpg.f40795420d92c04fa83fade705e0cc1b.jpg

1332893971_X-men15CGC9_2White.thumb.jpg.38a6350ba541eddd1201abe59c6c14ba.jpg

that's why all sellers of high-dollar books should get some phony return address labels that would indicate that stealing the package would be a complete waste of time, like "Pete's House Of Yarn" or "Whack-a-Pole Vintage Massage Wand Emporium" or "Gaia's Vegan Ingredients 4 Less."  This of course assumes the perps can read, which in this day and age is not a sure thing by any measure

Edited by Sal

On 6/13/2019 at 2:53 PM, FlyingDonut said:
On 6/13/2019 at 2:00 PM, VintageComics said:

I will see him in Heroes and I've emailed him.

I'd keep an eye out from NYC all the way down to Virginia if anyone knows local store owners in your respective areas. 

Thanks, All.

Ping Al and Zaid as well. Also Comics to Astonish and Third Eye.

You might want to reach out to Jeff Weaver's shop, Victory Comics, in Falls Church, VA as well.