• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Book Alert - Baltimore MD area
1 1

80 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

You might want to reach out to Jeff Weaver's shop, Victory Comics, in Falls Church, VA as well.

I emailed Jeff last week. Thank you.

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎12 at 2:45 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm on the road so I'll fill in more details later when I have a minute, but there was a box of books stolen from a board members porch in the Baltimore area this morning around 11AM..

The books were originally in a White Fed Ex box and in Mylars and the contents are as follows.

Amazing Spider-man #2 (CGC 8.0, cracked out)

Amazing Spider-man #11 (raw, extremely high grade copy - roughly 8.5/9.0)

Avengers #71 (raw, high grade copy)

Hulk #141 (CGC 9.4, cracked out)

X-men #15 (CGC 9.2, cracked out)

The ASM #2 and #11 and X-men #15 would stand out in particular as they are extremely nice looking copies that you don't see very often. Real eye catching copies.

If any local stores get offered the books or you have any leads, please contact me asap. I will offer a reward if they are found.

More details when I get a chance.

1945136474_AmazingSpider-man2CGC8_0white.jpg.76b386e121f84348dc9c14a3c463dabd.jpg

imageproxy.php?img=&key=31b352271b3a5a4b1470578191_AmazingSpider-man11A.thumb.jpg.5e4a19fa0c0451991fd62ef3b0cea2b2.jpg

1325800679_X-men15CGC9_2White.thumb.jpg.3dd5fc19e6dbc847e6113ea40c6ae347.jpg

Sucks Roy...the 11 should be easy to spot with the date mark...

usps can be very lax I bought a $750 cgc from a friend on this board and the tracking said it arrived at my post office and was out for delivery and that was it never found out what happened to it. I used to think I might see it at the local comic shop but I never did. when I was a teenager my parents were out of town and like a dumb I had a huge party and a couple of days later I found out someone stole my avengers#1 , amazing spidey#3 and amazing spidey annual#1 and to make things worse they stole 10k of my moms jewelry. man I never heard the end of that lol. I hope the board member gets his comics back there are so many bad people in this world who will screw you over in a minute to make a dollar.

On 6/12/2019 at 5:45 PM, VintageComics said:

The books were originally in a White Fed Ex box and in Mylars and the contents are as follows.

Amazing Spider-man #2 (CGC 8.0, cracked out)

Amazing Spider-man #11 (raw, extremely high grade copy - roughly 8.5/9.0)

Avengers #71 (raw, high grade copy)

Hulk #141 (CGC 9.4, cracked out)

X-men #15 (CGC 9.2, cracked out)

Just a :bump:

At this point these books could be anywhere in the country.

All books were raw in Mylars and stolen June 12 in the Baltimore area.

If you come across any high grade copies of the above books that could potentially be my books, I'd really appreciate someone giving me a heads up.

Thanks.

Edited by VintageComics

Hey, @VintageComics Roy.  Lots and lots and lots of delivery service bashing going on in this thread.  Can you confirm that these were delivered by FedEx or UPS or USPS or some other national delivery service?  Might calm the wolves a little to know which service was responsible.  

Edited by Transplant

18 hours ago, Transplant said:

Hey, @VintageComics Roy.  Lots and lots and lots of delivery service bashing going on in this thread.  Can you confirm that these were delivered by FedEx or UPS or USPS or some other national delivery service?  Might calm the wolves a little to know which service was responsible.  

I don't think which service it was matters much as I have had equal luck with all services but in this case it was Fed Ex.

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

Weird.  Didn't FedEx require that the recipient sign for the package?

That means nothing.   I've had FedEx deliveries where a sig was required, but they just dropped it off.   The USPS, in my experience, is the "best" about following the Sig Required.  FedEx is terrible.  

53 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

That means nothing.   I've had FedEx deliveries where a sig was required, but they just dropped it off.   The USPS, in my experience, is the "best" about following the Sig Required.  FedEx is terrible.  

Maybe.  Maybe not.  

Comfort yourselves with the knowledge that all these careless workers also have to come home to whoops missing packages sig was required but oh well-

On 6/29/2019 at 4:02 PM, VintageComics said:

If you come across any high grade copies of the above books that could potentially be my books, I'd really appreciate someone giving me a heads up.

Thanks.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Blastaar said:

Can you set eBaY parameters around the Baltimore area for alerts? Also don’t forget Craigslist. 

I've been checking social media regularly but the books could be anywhere by now.

I did have someone tell me that a lot of stuff moves on the Dark Web now. Don't know if that's true or not.

Hopefully they turn up one day.

Thanks.