• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Artist Loses $500.000 art Collection in House Fire
2 2

32 posts in this topic

Many of you might know Australian artist Conny Valentina. She is a CAF member delighting fans with her own art work as well as amassing a gorgeous collection from artists of all backgrounds. I just found out from a post on Comic Art Fans that Conny lost two pets, her home and her entire collection of artwork valued at half a million dollars. Devastating and no doubt a cautionary tale. She is one of the kindest human beings you could ever meet or talk with. I found some links and posted here about the fire and a couple of ways folks are trying to help. Read below and of course due diligence before committing resources. God awful story and my heart and prayers go out to Conny.

Hey gang this fund raiser is stalling out (see page 1 story and Go fund me). Can anyone help me get this story to the media? Everyone's been great. Your caring and giving spirit amazing. I just need help getting Conny's story out there so we can help her get through this. Thank you so much.

£6,651 of £10,000 goal

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1556446&GSub=181856
Artists and Art Collectors!

http://www.tdartgallery.com/newsdetail.asp?n=58

As many of you may know, our beloved Conny Valentina lost her home (including all her art and her beautiful cats) in a fire this week. https://7news.com.au/news/disaster-and-emergency/mount-barker-house-fire-kills-two-cats-destroys-500000-of-art-c-160939

In order to help her rebuild, I will be hosting TWO events.

1. Art Auction – I am looking for people to donate artwork that I will auction via TDArt Facebook page, with 100% of the proceeds going to Conny. You will send me over scans/photos/info about the artwork, I will auction it, then you will ship directly to the winner. Once the art is received I will send the money all directly to Conny.

2. Beautification – Conny is an artist AND a collector. She lost her entire collection and now doesn’t have the beauty and memories to surround her. This second piece of the project is to collect artwork that will be given to Conny to help her smile. All of this art will be sent to me and I will mail it off to her as one package. There will be a size limitation so I can send all of it. You are welcome to include a note in there for her as well.

Deadline to participate in the art auction is this Saturday, with the auction running next week. The art to send to Conny project I’ll likely extend so people have time to draw something, etc and get it to me, so I’ll update on the deadline for that.

This information is broad so if you are interested please email me at TDArtSales@gmail.com and we can discuss details for either option above.

If you would like to just donate money to Conny, a GoFundMe has been started here: https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-conny-valentina-rebuild?teamInvite=irpnRZgQuNhommK9FIjhnuMvyyDqw2WceP747SIHK9R8nyqnqPQWI5ZJDb9tXx3k

Social/Sharing

Edited by grapeape

Sad news indeed.  As mentioned, Conny is a great artist and astute collector...and her passion for art was so evident in her CAF postings.  Based on news reports, her OA collection was worth 2x her home's value.  

6 hours ago, GreatEscape said:

Sad news indeed.  As mentioned, Conny is a great artist and astute collector...and her passion for art was so evident in her CAF postings.  Based on news reports, her OA collection was worth 2x her home's value.  

Unbelievable and heart wrenching.

On 6/14/2019 at 10:01 AM, GreatEscape said:

Unbelievable and heart wrenching.

Lots of kind folks sending Conny well wishes and making donations to her Go Fund Me page. Thanks for helping. Everything counts and helps.

If you would like to just donate money to Conny, a GoFundMe has been started here:https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-conny-valentina-rebuild?teamInvite=irpnRZgQuNhommK9FIjhnuMvyyDqw2WceP747SIHK9R8nyqnqPQWI5ZJDb9tXx3k

On 6/16/2019 at 10:11 PM, J.Sid said:

Horrible story. What happened to her ComicArtFans gallery?

I suspect this has become overwhelming for Conny. I won't speak for her but I have hope that she will rebuild and rise from this awful time. 

10 hours ago, romitaman said:

Conny is a great woman...i happily donated to her cause, and I hope she is able to recover somehow!

Mike I saw your donation on her GO FUND ME page. You're one of the good guys. Anyone moved to help please do. The link for TD ART auction(live) and the Go Fund Me are within this thread. Thanks everyone and share this story with everyone. I don't have the pull but we just need one big media break to get this thing viral and meaningfully change Conny's fortunes for the better.

8 hours ago, grapeape said:

£5,852 of £10,000 goal

If you would like to just donate money to Conny, a GoFundMe has been started here:https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-conny-valentina-rebuild?teamInvite=irpnRZgQuNhommK9FIjhnuMvyyDqw2WceP747SIHK9R8nyqnqPQWI5ZJDb9tXx3k

£5,922 of £10,000 goal

On 6/22/2019 at 12:29 AM, grapeape said:

£5,922 of £10,000 goal

£6,212 of £10,000 goal

Moving closer to the first goal to help our beloved Conny Valentina through this nightmare. Please keep spreading the word and share the links so people can donate. Everything counts. You folks are so amazing to help Conny and all the kind words are so inspiring.

On 6/23/2019 at 11:15 PM, grapeape said:

£6,212 of £10,000 goal

Moving closer to the first goal to help our beloved Conny Valentina through this nightmare. Please keep spreading the word and share the links so people can donate. Everything counts. You folks are so amazing to help Conny and all the kind words are so inspiring.

Conny Valentina Charity Art Auction Now CLOSED

Tatiana posted the final auction results. Very gracious souls donating art and wonderful bidders spiritedly supporting a great cause.

Conny Valentina Charity Art Auction!

Batch 1 – ends at 3 pm PST (6 pm EST) 6/23

1. Nick Bradshaw – Chastity #1 Cover , 11x17 pencils/inks on art board, ships free from Canada

Final Bid: $650

1. Conny Valentina – Rogue pinup, 16x20 paper (art slightly smaller), ships from CA

Final Bid: $800

1. Gary Frank – Superman bust commission on approx 11x17 (A3) board, pencils and inks, ships from CA

Final Bid: $500

1. Tony Parker – God of War 2 pg 5, approx. 11x17 pencil/ink on comic art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: n/a

1. Pinup lot – (note photo is of only one of them, includes 5 total, see comments)  all 11x17 various media (except as noted) Aphrodite Carlos Silva, WW Carlos Silva, Batman Gledson Barretto, Superman Gledson B (11x16), Superman & Supergirl Danielle & Carla Torres, (5 piece lot), ships from TX

Final Bid: $145

Batch 2 – ends at 3:05 pm PST (6:05 pm EST) 6/23

1. Siya Oum – Max Rider Cover, mixed media on 11x17 art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: n/a

1. Barry Kitson – Batman Catwoman commission pinup, 11x17 pencils/inks, ships from NJ

Final Bid: $400

1. Suzanne Marsden (owner of Ottawa Comic Jam)- Golden Dragon acrylic on canvas 23.5x31.5 inches, ships from Canada

Final Bid: $325

1. Maria Sanapo – X-23 commission 8.25x11.5 inks and copics, ships from CO

Final Bid: $125

1. Michael Zulli – Dream (from The Endless) during the French Revolution – 11x17 pencil commission, ships from Germany

Final Bid: $250

Batch 3 – ends at 3:10 pm PST (6:10 pm EST) 6/23

1. Steve Gordon – I don’t need saving, Odette from Swan Princess, 11x17 copics on art board, used as an art print, ships from CA

1. James Mulligan – 8.5x11 (A4) Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor watercolor and copics on watercolor paper, ships from CA

Final Bid: $100

1. Giuseppe Cafaro – Executive Assistant Iris Enemies Among Us cover art, A3 (11x17) watercolor paper, mixed media, ships from Germany

Final Bid: $325

1. Marcus To art lot – 2piece lot, see additional photos to see both pieces, only one shown - Cannon Hawke 5 pg 21 and Soulfire New World Order back part 2 pg 5 11x17 on art board, ships from TX

Final Bid: $100

1. Tyler Kirkham art lot – 2piece lot, see additional photos to see both pieces, only one shown - The Tenth issue 1 pg 22 and 37 by Tyler Kirkham 11x17 on art board, ships from TX

Final Bid: $135

Batch 4 - ends at 3:15 pm PST (6:15 pm EST) 6/23

1. Adriana Melo & Mariah Benes – Ms Marvel issue 34 pg.13, inks on bluelines, 11x17 on art board, ships from TX

Final Bid: $165

1. Lori Cross Hanson – Executive Assistant Assassins 4 pg 1 splash 11x17 on art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: $75

1. Siya Oum – Jessica Jones Unused cover art, mixed media 11x17 on art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: $510

1. Ryan Benjamin – 11x17 on art board, trading card art Rain Forest Crunch Gen 13 power pack #46, ships from Italy

Final Bid: $160

1. Nicki Andrews – inks on blueline copy of Marcio Abreu Wonder Woman, 11x17 canson Bristol board, ships from the UK (usually 15 pounds to the US)

Final Bid: $90

Batch 5 - ends at 3:20 pm PST (6:20 pm EST) 6/23

1. Tom Raney/Randy Elliott – Stormwatch 39 pg 22, 11x17 pencils/inks on art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: $60

1. Zoltan Boros and Gabor Szikszai – Galaktika Magazine 186 cover art, acrylic painting 7 3/8 x 11 7/8, ships from VA

Final Bid: $225

1. Sorah Suhng – Null Fairies 5 cover, pencil/ink on 11x17 art board, comic included, ships from PA

Final Bid: $425

1. Suzanne Marsden – The Eternal Struggle framed photo print (print is 16x20, framed size is 17x21), ships from Canada

Final Bid: $45

1. Gideon Hodge – this is a Buy it Now option and is for a signed copy of the book Lilith’s Redemption,  5 copies available, ships from GA

Buy it Now: $15 each, 5 available

Batch 6 - ends at 3:25 pm PST (6:25 pm EST) 6/23

1. Jeffrey Henderson  (http://www.planethenderson.com/about) – 8.5x11 on cardstock Darth Vader statue design for Gentle Giant, ships from CA

1. Jeffrey Henderson  (http://www.planethenderson.com/about) – 8.5x11 on cardstock Yoda statue design for Gentle Giant, ships from CA

Final Bid: $140

1. Siya Oum – Fathom 1 Denver CC variant cover, 11x17 mixed media on art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: $1200

1. Nick Nix – GI Joe Americas Elite 20 pg 14, 11x17 inks on blueline copy of Javier Sicilia’s pencils on art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: $40

1. Nick Nix – The Warriors Jail Break 2 pg 1, 8.5 x 13 inks on blueline copy of Herb Apon pencils on art board, ships from CA

Final Bid: $30

31.Olivia De Berardinis - "Sweet" Gomez and Morticia 8x8 inches acrylic on maple panel, ships from CA
Final Bid: $2300

Thank you to the following people for your generous donations – Nick Bradshaw, Kenneth Parkhurst, Steve Gordon, Tarik Tadmori, Stefan Grosse, Ray Goodwill, Lori Cross Hanson, Tony Parker, Siya Oum, Ankur Jetley, Ricky Beans, Federico Bettini, Nicki Andrews, Tim Frederick, Sorah Suhng, Suzanne Marsden, Anna Hybsier, Jeffrey Henderson, Gideon Hodge, Nick Nix and Olivia

£6,322 of £10,000 goal

Edited by grapeape