• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men outdated according to top producer...

54 posts in this topic

Brie Larson round two ;-) I don't know how these people get into these positions, do they realize comic characters are fictional, they're meant to be fun, not used for your own personal gains, or political agendas, beliefs.

QUOTE "it's funny people keep calling it The X-Men, there's a lot of female characters in that group, so I think it's outdated"  go to 3:10 and you will see.

It was created as the X-Men, duh. Just like when we say mankind, or is that another bad word now? Wonder if Marvel plan on changing the X-Men name to X-Women or X-Mutants.

Meh. I just wish they'd concentrate on creating good characters and stories. My feeling is this is just a bit of media posturing by an individual and the X-Men name will endure. I'll save my man-tears for if and when they actually gender neutralize the team surgically.

15 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

@herc2000

I guess mankind is soon to be taboo too.  From this day forward, we shall say “HUMANKIND”! :sumo:

NOPE. HUMANKIND will not satisfy the feminist agenda. Peoplekind? Nondefinedkind? 

27 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm all-for 'equality' and everything, but men and women aren't the same. We should celebrate the differences between us. Not meld perception into believing we're 1 and the same.

Nobody's special. We're all equally worthless.

Yes I agree, there are more women who collect comics now, but it's been primarily boys, men who collected them from the 1930's. 

I know there are more girl collectors of comics more than ever now, but the percentages are still more men are collecting them than women.

What I don't like is people using comic films to try and push their personal beliefs across on everyone else. It should all be free from the BS we have in the real world, this is our escapism.

Just now, herc2000 said:

...What I don't like is people using comic films to try and push their personal beliefs across on everyone else. It should all be free from the BS we have in the real world, this is our escapism.

I don't know if I've ever agreed with anything else posted on this site more than these sentences.

I always thought the X-Men had transcended sex just as they conquered death. No Men, No Wo-Men, just X-Men. There are no male mutants, or female mutants, they are all just mutants. 

Out of curiosity, is there a core member that hasn't died at least once?

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I always thought the X-Men had transcended sex just as they conquered death. No Men, No Wo-Men, just X-Men. There are no male mutants, or female mutants, they are all just mutants. 

Out of curiosity, is there a core member that hasn't died at least once?

Beast and Iceman, IIRC.

42 minutes ago, herc2000 said:

Yes I agree, there are more women who collect comics now, but it's been primarily boys, men who collected them from the 1930's. 

I know there are more girl collectors of comics more than ever now, but the percentages are still more men are collecting them than women.

What I don't like is people using comic films to try and push their personal beliefs across on everyone else. It should all be free from the BS we have in the real world, this is our escapism.

While true, don't forget that the audience for comic book films is not the same as the readership of comic books.  The studios would go broke aiming films at the dwindling number of people actually buying comic books.

8 hours ago, herc2000 said:

Brie Larson round two ;-) I don't know how these people get into these positions, do they realize comic characters are fictional, they're meant to be fun, not used for your own personal gains, or political agendas, beliefs.

QUOTE "it's funny people keep calling it The X-Men, there's a lot of female characters in that group, so I think it's outdated"  go to 3:10 and you will see.

It was created as the X-Men, duh. Just like when we say mankind, or is that another bad word now? Wonder if Marvel plan on changing the X-Men name to X-Women or X-Mutants.

Because 1. some people aren't happy unless they're offended/outraged, 2. they think that virtue signalling will help them in our culture (and it unfortunately does), 3. expressing their outrage becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as others who may not have even noticed are infected with the outrage themselves, and 4. they have no connection to these characters as characters, nor know anything about them outside of the films, if that. Plus, most of the management in Hollywood is incredibly stupid, and Victoria Alonso is no exception.

Amazing that "Men In Black" has survived, huh...?

1984 wasn't meant to be an instruction manual.

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Because 1. some people aren't happy unless they're offended/outraged, 2. they think that virtue signalling will help them in our culture (and it unfortunately does), 3. expressing their outrage becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as others who may not have even noticed are infected with the outrage themselves, and 4. they have no connection to these characters as characters, nor know anything about them outside of the films, if that. Plus, most of the management in Hollywood is incredibly stupid, and Victoria Alonso is no exception.

Amazing that "Men In Black" has survived, huh...?

1984 wasn't meant to be an instruction manual.

I have to agree with you. You rarely say anything that's very detailed or researched, but here you are correct. 

:banana:

that was a joke.....

Edited by NoMan

Here, Hollywood try this:

Write an original story with crisp dialogue, two solid plot points.....oh, forget it.

One of my wife's friends said something like she's glad Spiderman is now a woman or whatever the latest PC bastardization is now of his character that she heard about on NPR and I responded, "Well, are you buying the comic now that Spiderman is a woman or asian or black or in a wheelchair or is trans or..." and she said, "No." and I said:

WELL NO ON ELSE IS!

Edited by NoMan

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

I have to agree with you. You rarely say anything that's very detailed or researched, but here you are correct. 

:banana:

You wasted your 3,000th post on that....?

No Rom doll action figure childhood accessory for you.