• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men outdated according to top producer...

54 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Because 1. some people aren't happy unless they're offended/outraged, 2. they think that virtue signalling will help them in our culture (and it unfortunately does), 3. expressing their outrage becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, as others who may not have even noticed are infected with the outrage themselves, and 4. they have no connection to these characters as characters, nor know anything about them outside of the films, if that. Plus, most of the management in Hollywood is incredibly stupid, and Victoria Alonso is no exception.

Amazing that "Men In Black" has survived, huh...?

1984 wasn't meant to be an instruction manual.

Well. Tessa Thompson has already been complaining that she thinks it should not be called Men in Black, it should be Humans in Black, lmfao, so there goes that one Rock ;-)

On 6/13/2019 at 3:32 AM, herc2000 said:

QUOTE "it's funny people keep calling it The X-Men, there's a lot of female characters in that group, so I think it's outdated"

X-girlfriend : former girlfriend

X-Men : former men

Therefore, all X-Men are women.

:whistle:

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

Very binary presumptuous of you. To the camps, 10 years.

1 hour ago, RedRaven said:
2 hours ago, valiantman said:

Very binary presumptuous of you. To the camps, 10 years.

You seem to be saying that I can't identify as someone who considers all X-Men to be women, so I'll serve my term in the camps when they decide to release you. :kidaround:

11 hours ago, herc2000 said:

Well. Tessa Thompson has already been complaining that she thinks it should not be called Men in Black, it should be Humans in Black, lmfao, so there goes that one Rock ;-)

What's funny is she could have actually had a valid point since I believe this is the first Men in Black with a female in a lead role and part of the [insert the Men in Black's governing body's name here, its Friday, I'm not looking it up, sue me].  So an argument could be made that a tweak was in order.  But Humans in Black just sounds moronic.

For bonus outrage -- anyone using the term "woke" in its hipster definition form should be beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges.  "bae" also goes on that list. 

20 minutes ago, Oddball said:

When it comes to Star Trek nerds, I’m definitely up there and I was still good with the change, “Where no man has gone before” to “No one.” 

But X-Men? Nope. Anyway they would never change it. It’s a solid brand like IHOP.

You mean IHOb.  Watch out world, here come the X-Meu!!!

On 6/18/2019 at 8:10 AM, TwoPiece said:

What about complaining about complaining about complaining?

Or complaining about that complaining?

download.jpg

I have no idea why that image is tagged "traveling via canoe" but I love it so I'm leaving it on there.