• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Damned CGC 10.0

43 posts in this topic

There was a seller who made $2k for one of the 'Tec 1000 Alex Ross A Variants graded 9.9 Mint. You can buy a Gem Mint for $1k or another 9.9 for < $500... People need to stop feeding the stupid "FOMO" first-wave craze. You're burning your own wallet.

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

1st sale on eBay sold for $8k... That seller won big time.

The $8K was just the asking price...GoCollect shows that the selling price was $1100. Three other copies sold for $1050, $1136, and $1250. Then everyone else got their copies back from CGC and gravity took over!

Just now, All Be D'Oh! said:

The $8K was just the asking price...GoCollect shows that the selling price was $1100. Three other copies sold for $1050, $1136, and $1250. Then everyone else got their copies back from CGC and gravity took over!

I don't recall the first sale having a Best Offer option. I don't have GC account so I guess I'll take your/their word for it.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

Batman Damned #1 CGC 10 = 335 copies (so far)

Batman Damned #1 Variant cover CGC 10 = 279 copies (so far)

The 20-year history of CGC has never seen anything like it... http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/cgc10/

No other book has ever had 100 copies in CGC 10.

:idea: Maybe CGC can have a Hall of Fame award for the best manufactured books. That way, companies can compete for the mintiest books ever made. And speculators and grading flippers know which books to avoid like the plague.

Just now, wombat said:

So is the value of these books strictly tied to the fact they are 9.9 and 10.0 which is rare in general or are the books themselves sought after?

There is a bunch of controversy over it because it is the 1st appearance of the batawang.  And will likely be the only appearance of said batawang.  DC allowed it in the book then people were pretty mad over it and decided not to allow it after the 1st print run.

They were going to do a 2nd print without the batmember but decided against it with the backlash.  Instead they will not include it in the trade paperback.

5 minutes ago, wombat said:

So is the value of these books strictly tied to the fact they are 9.9 and 10.0 which is rare in general or are the books themselves sought after?

the unedited 1st print showed batmans family jewels

it was speculated on, got high grades, kind of ride the wave kind of thing

it doesn't have anything of note on the label....

3 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

There is a bunch of controversy over it because it is the 1st appearance of the batawang.  And will likely be the only appearance of said batawang.  DC allowed it in the book then people were pretty mad over it and decided not to allow it after the 1st print run.

They were going to do a 2nd print without the batmember but decided against it with the backlash.  Instead they will not include it in the trade paperback.

wait a minute there was no edited 2nd print?

Thanks. I had no idea about wang gate. It's pretty funny though you get this slabbed and can't even see what makes the book so sought after. 

Edited by wombat

8 minutes ago, wombat said:

Thanks. I had no idea about wang gate. It's pretty funny though you get this slabbed and can't even see what makes the book so sought after. 

Take a picture, it lasts just as long.  Or search the gutter of the interwebs