WTB: Star Trek TNG SS w/ 3-10signatures
1 1

9 posts in this topic

4 posts
Posted (edited)

Hi 

I am new to this site. Unfortunately comic collecting is not as popular in Europe as in the US, so I am looking here especially for CGC‘s signature series comics.

I found a thread that recently sold a Star Trek TNG 1994 Season Finale with 10 cast signatures priced at $1600.

I am looking for something similar and aware in what price range such a rarity is traded. Does not have to be Season Finale. I am unaware in what state these are even available so no grading preference, focusing on the signatures. (Preferably w/ at least Steward, Frakes & Spiner signed)

Let me know if you have anything available and for what price you are willing to part from it.

Due to unforeseen events I am not looking for a comic as mentioned above anymore and closing this thread. Had to change my expectations a bit, if you are interested here‘s my new thread:

Edited by ThePedestrian
New WTB with lower price range

42,249 posts
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ThePedestrian said:

Hi 

I am new to this site. Unfortunately comic collecting is not as popular in Europe as in the US, so I am looking here especially for CGC‘s signature series comics.

I found a thread that recently sold a Star Trek TNG 1994 Season Finale with 10 cast signatures priced at $1600.

I am looking for something similar and aware in what price range such a rarity is traded. Does not have to be Season Finale. I am unaware in what state these are even available so no grading preference, focusing on the signatures. (Preferably w/ at least Steward, Frakes & Spiner signed)

Let me know if you have anything available and for what price you are willing to part from it.

That book was a really good deal, in my estimation.  I considered buying it purely for speculation purposes.  When you add up all the signing fees, all the multiple slabbing fees and the risk of it maintaining 9.8, it seemed like a bargain.  Plus I wouldn't sell mine for $1600 and it only has the 7 who are pictured on the cover. 

Edited by seanfingh

5,769 posts
18 minutes ago, seanfingh said:

That book was a really good deal, in my estimation.  I considered buying it purely for speculation purposes.  When you add up all the signing fees, all the multiple slabbing fees and the risk of it maintaining 9.8, it seemed like a bargain.  Plus I wouldn't sell mine for $1600 and it only has the 7 who are pictured on the cover. 

I was sure you were the owner of the book with the 10 signatures,
so who was the owner MedicAR?

42,249 posts
57 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

I was sure you were the owner of the book with the 10 signatures,
so who was the owner MedicAR?

Dr. Balls

474 posts

I need to thank you for posting this. It got my attention and made me go look at mine.  I am not looking to sell (sorry) but when I looked I realized one of the signatures is missing from the label.  So I just sent off an email and will have to get the label fixed.  I don't know how long the window of opportunity for them to fix it but hoping that six months isn't too long. 

4 posts
23 hours ago, seanfingh said:

Thought so, too! And I read that is not possible anymore to getting them signed by yourself right? There has to be a CGC guy next to it and witness the act. Having all the cast in one spot seems impossible.

474 posts
Posted (edited)

To get the yellow label you have always needed to have a witness.  And yes getting the whole cast at one place is really hard, so most of the time you will get it signed by maybe 5 of them.  Get it graded then find more if the people you want to sign, have a CGC SS witness crack open the CGC case remove the book and witness the additional signatures.  Then submit it to be graded again. Every time you do this there is a possibility you may lose the grade you had before (happens to me a lot 😥).  I bought mine already signed and have had it cracked and signatures added twice.  This last time it dropped from a 9.8 to a 9.6.  I am still super stoked and when I send it in to get the label fixed I might get it pressed and see if I can get my 9.8 back. 

11 Sigs (Levar Burton is missing from the label but signed on Picard's forhead):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OkK1izUUo7IUXUpJoyDG6pjFBCH_MEAj

Edited by PhantomEwan