• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$17,001!! Say what???

26 posts in this topic

A 4.0 came close to 2k earlier this year ($1,850.00). Sold by a boardie I believe too.

I think that is currently still the highest graded copy although that price might encourage others to slab :baiting:

Never was a favorite of mine but I respect that’s now a super popular cover so...

Edited by N e r V

A nice book with a cool cover but not top of the heap Atlas horror wise to me. It has had a huge spike in popularity recently due to it being a “sleeper” for so long. That combined with a black cover in beautiful shape and a River City to boot is probably responsible. I agree though, that is a bit insane. It is hard to come to grips with sometimes and often astonishes when I see numbers like this on books that just a few years ago were pretty reasonable. Sure glad a got a decent copy...

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

By the way, I was looking at a fairly nice restored 1941 Chevy Panel Truck Hot Rod yesterday for only a couple grand more than this comic book...hm

yeah, but purple restored label (probably moderate professional) ;)

18 hours ago, Black Bat said:

Sorry if this is against the rules but my mind is blown. 

33C3F1C4-4CFD-4670-A4C8-A7EE0A09C45E.png

The ‘ol eyes and teeth cover! Always been one of my favorites. Atlas PCH never did many close up covers and this is one of Anderson’s best. :smile:

A remarkable book, arguably more realistic and less comic booky than any other.  Anderson's masterpiece.

With this price for an 8.0, CR-OW no less, and that should be factored in, would that make this the highest priced PCH to date?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

A remarkable book, arguably more realistic and less comic booky than any other.  Anderson's masterpiece.

With this price for an 8.0, CR-OW no less, and that should be factored in, would that make this the highest priced PCH to date?

A Venus 19 in 8.5 sold a while back on this forum for somewhere around $20K. I suspect that if 9.2 / 9.4 copies of Black Cat 50, Weird Mysteries 4,5, etc. appeared on the market they would crack the $20K mark. Not that I've ever seen copies of Weird Mysteries 4 and 5 in such grades...

6 minutes ago, october said:

I don't see any resistance to this book over $50k in today's loony tunes market. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Mystery Tales 19 :sumo:

But I do like this cover as well...that sounds like a good deal for a 4.0...

34 minutes ago, PeterPark said:

Mystery Tales 19 :sumo:

But I do like this cover as well...that sounds like a good deal for a 4.0...

One I’ve never landed. A big hole in my collection. Just slipped under the radar. I think I still have a little time but I better hurry.