• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scooby Doo 1 is now a top BA key. $2600 today....
1 1

51 posts in this topic

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:05 PM, ygogolak said:

Understood, but personally I think something like Wolverine would be a better equivalent. You are talking about 90's comics books and creators vs. a 70's tv cartoon (pre-cable). Wolverine and X-Men related films have made billions.

The comic book came out after the cartoon though?

I found this interesting:

In 1968, parent-run organizations, particularly Action for Children's Television (ACT), began protesting what they perceived as excessive violence in Saturday-morning cartoons.[4] Most of these shows were Hanna-Barbera action cartoons such as Space Ghost, The Herculoids and Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, and virtually all of them were canceled by 1969 because of pressure from the parent groups.[5] Members of these watchgroups served as advisers to Hanna-Barbera and other animation studios to ensure that new programs would be safe for children.

..... So, basically, the Archie Cartoon, Josey & the pussycats and Scooby doo came out because space ghost, etc. were cancelled for being "too violent"

On 6/25/2019 at 3:21 PM, the blob said:

The comic book came out after the cartoon though?

I found this interesting:

In 1968, parent-run organizations, particularly Action for Children's Television (ACT), began protesting what they perceived as excessive violence in Saturday-morning cartoons.[4] Most of these shows were Hanna-Barbera action cartoons such as Space Ghost, The Herculoids and Birdman and the Galaxy Trio, and virtually all of them were canceled by 1969 because of pressure from the parent groups.[5] Members of these watchgroups served as advisers to Hanna-Barbera and other animation studios to ensure that new programs would be safe for children.

..... So, basically, the Archie Cartoon, Josey & the pussycats and Scooby doo came out because space ghost, etc. were cancelled for being "too violent"

I totally had forgotten about The Herculoids!!!!

8 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Cartoon came out after comic

1. Spirou 1071 (smurfs)

2. tmnt 1 

Yeah? My point is that Scooby 1 is cool and all, but was post-tv cartoon.

Slightly off-topic, but isn't the $.35 version of the 1977 Scooby-Doo # 1 one of the rarest books of the Bronze Age?

There are four copies on the census, with the highest being a CGC 9.0.

On 7/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Slightly off-topic, but isn't the $.35 version of the 1977 Scooby-Doo # 1 one of the rarest books of the Bronze Age?

There are four copies on the census, with the highest being a CGC 9.0.

That’s the Marvel version (thumbsu

8 hours ago, jefecabra said:

Looks like Scooby jumped to 7 on the top 25 Bronze Age list, good call predicting it as a sleeper!

To phrase it more correctly, Scooby actually dropped from Spot #6 down to Spot #7 as HOS 92 took the big jump from Spot #7 last year at $2,400 all the way up to Spot #4 this year at $3,200.  :gossip:

Poor Scooby managed to go up by only a C-spot as it went from $2,500 up to only $2,600 for a mere 4% gain.  :(