Artists,Writers communicating with Fans.
2 2

97 posts in this topic

3,656 posts
1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Provoked Theo Fleury this morning

Screenshot_20190618-135201_Twitter.jpg

what am i looking at. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,339 posts
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

what am i looking at. 

Sorry Theo Fleury the ex hockey player. Was speaking out against our PMs lack of sporting knowledge during our Raptors parade yesterday. I felt provoked like I do with his ultra conservative opinions and responded. Here is a better screen shot

Screenshot_20190618-142524_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Hollywood1892
Incomplete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50,416 posts
1 hour ago, NoMan said:

@kav. Thank you for posting those notes. Thought I mentioned it before, in case I didn't, thanks for taking the time to do that. enjoyed them. I saw Seth about a month ago. cool dude.

why did you redact parts?

it was the F word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,547 posts
1 minute ago, F For Fake said:
4 minutes ago, kav said:

it was the F word

Fantagraphics?

Fanta Fanta, dont'cha want ta :banana: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,046 posts

Talking about meeting artist and writers, etc... I remember a few years back when CGC SS wasn't in its full stride like it is now I got J. Scott Campbell, Jason Fabok  and a few others to sign books for free even some for CGC SS but recently I remember this when at a convention they didn't see the CGC Witness beside me in the crowd and he was here you go and as I walked away the rep followed and he shouted oh it was for CGC SS that's $30 lol i turned around and paid (Canadian, too polite) but its funny how the prices change from a $5 signature to $30- $50 or it goes from free to made up price when its for CGC SS. lol hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50,416 posts
3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Fantagraphics?

FlamingTelepath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,547 posts
26 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Donny Cates is coming to Sydney Supanova this weekend :banana:

is cgc? :shy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,547 posts
12 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

No :frown:....I'm hoping a facilitator would be there, but very very unlikely, crazy though as this event is huge over here

Cool that it's big, hoping for the facilitator! :wishluck:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool that it's big, hoping for the facilitator! :wishluck:

I'm hoping but very very doubtful, I have a cosmic ghost rider that I'd like to get signed but won't if there isn't a CGC facilitator 

Have a mate who has a exhibitor stall so helping him set up tomorrow(thurs) and the event opens following day, so will ask tomorrow

Ive brought plenty of books from him over the past 2 years including the hulk 181, this year he is selling less books and selling more shirts, statues murchandise etc 

I have given him 15 slabs to sell for me at reasonable prices so hoping they sell, this is the first time in 29 years of collecting that I'm selling my books 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,339 posts
5 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm hoping but very very doubtful, I have a cosmic ghost rider that I'd like to get signed but won't if there isn't a CGC facilitator 

Have a mate who has a exhibitor stall so helping him set up tomorrow(thurs) and the event opens following day, so will ask tomorrow

Ive brought plenty of books from him over the past 2 years including the hulk 181, this year he is selling less books and selling more shirts, statues murchandise etc 

I have given him 15 slabs to sell for me at reasonable prices so hoping they sell, this is the first time in 29 years of collecting that I'm selling my books 

Have fun.:golfclap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,547 posts
15 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I'm hoping but very very doubtful, I have a cosmic ghost rider that I'd like to get signed but won't if there isn't a CGC facilitator 

Have a mate who has a exhibitor stall so helping him set up tomorrow(thurs) and the event opens following day, so will ask tomorrow

Ive brought plenty of books from him over the past 2 years including the hulk 181, this year he is selling less books and selling more shirts, statues murchandise etc 

I have given him 15 slabs to sell for me at reasonable prices so hoping they sell, this is the first time in 29 years of collecting that I'm selling my books 

maybe check out donny cates anyway and see if he'll do something on paper? lol idk it'd be fun since he'll be there :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188 posts
Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

maybe check out donny cates anyway and see if he'll do something on paper? lol idk it'd be fun since he'll be there :) 

Yes that's true, I'm doing it, I think I will get him to sign something, these opportunities don't come around often.(thumbsu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,547 posts
Just now, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

maybe check out donny cates anyway and see if he'll do something on paper? lol idk it'd be fun since he'll be there :) 

Yes that's true, I'm doing it, I think I will get him to sign something, these opportunities don't come around often.(thumbsu

If your not too busy too (thumbsu

Would love to hear about it! This thread should be here...

Hope your books sell as well lol

Putting it towards something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188 posts
Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

If your not too busy too (thumbsu

Would love to hear about it! This thread should be here...

Hope your books sell as well lol

Putting it towards something?

Will let you know how the weekend goes, will take a few snap shots

I hope they sell as well lol

With the money I make I should be able to buy more key books lol, selling 15 books hoping to make 3k, with the money buy either ASM 300 9.8 or BA 12 9.8, so it will be a coin flip 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,676 posts

My only real experience with a comic book creator was Ron Lim.  He's an amazingly friendly guy with a contagious laugh.

I also met Will Forte (SNL, MacGruber) at Disneyland while waiting in line for Indiana Jones.  We ended up chatting, riding in the same ride vehicle, and then chatted some more while the park closed around us.  Another all around nice guy.  I was afraid I was taking up his time, but he kept the conversation going and at no point did he give me the impression that he wanted to be anywhere else.  All in all we chatted for a solid half hour while the park was emptying out.  I really can't speak highly enough of the interaction I had with him, especially since I feel celebs can be so private and a bit stand-offish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,339 posts
7 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Will let you know how the weekend goes, will take a few snap shots

I hope they sell as well lol

With the money I make I should be able to buy more key books lol, selling 15 books hoping to make 3k, with the money buy either ASM 300 9.8 or BA 12 9.8, so it will be a coin flip 

You have the same mindset as me

Saving up to get either asm 300 9.8 or ba 12 9.8

My buddy tried to sway me off Asm 300 saying it's the most graded comic out there than he tries to sell me a 9.4.lol.

Those two are probably top 5 moderns 

Have a good time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,188 posts
3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

You have the same mindset as me

Saving up to get either asm 300 9.8 or ba 12 9.8

My buddy tried to sway me off Asm 300 saying it's the most graded comic out there than he tries to sell me a 9.4.lol.

Those two are probably top 5 moderns 

Have a good time

Haha everyone has a ASM300 so might settle on BA 12, but I do want both eventually :bigsmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2