Artists,Writers communicating with Fans.
2 2

97 posts in this topic

10,937 posts
15 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Will let you know how the weekend goes, will take a few snap shots

I hope they sell as well lol

With the money I make I should be able to buy more key books lol, selling 15 books hoping to make 3k, with the money buy either ASM 300 9.8 or BA 12 9.8, so it will be a coin flip 

both of those seemingly go for a little over $2,000

and if your making money on your books :wishluck: i hope you also treat yourself to a spa day! (thumbsu 

or better yet, a facilitator shows up :flipbait:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,653 posts
4 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Haha everyone has a ASM300 so might settle on BA 12, but I do want both eventually :bigsmile:

ICE had one a couple months ago

Do you already have it lined up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,653 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

both of those seemingly go for a little over $2,000

and if your making money on your books :wishluck: i hope you also treat yourself to a spa day! (thumbsu 

or better yet, a facilitator shows up :flipbait:

Hes only about 1k short on both of them.

Might as well stick to going for 9.8 and not settle for 9.6.

That will be a nice addition to his collection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228 posts
2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

both of those seemingly go for a little over $2,000

and if your making money on your books :wishluck: i hope you also treat yourself to a spa day! (thumbsu 

or better yet, a facilitator shows up :flipbait:

Both of these books do go for 2k $US lol

Once currency kicks in,postage and tax it will be close to 3k $Aus lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,937 posts
3 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Hes only about 1k short on both of them.

Might as well stick to going for 9.8 and not settle for 9.6.

That will be a nice addition to his collection.

of course! not saying different ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228 posts
4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

ICE had one a couple months ago

Do you already have it lined up?

Haha going on a holiday in a month, will start looking for either when I get back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,937 posts
1 minute ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Both of these books do go for 2k $US lol

Once currency kicks in,postage and tax it will be close to 3k $Aus lol 

shoot! here's hoping another seller at the con has one for $2,500 at least :shy: but anyway hope it works out! ^^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228 posts
1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

shoot! here's hoping another seller at the con has one for $2,500 at least :shy: but anyway hope it works out! ^^ 

The one main seller that has slabs there was selling 8.5-9.0s at 9.8 prices lol 

Will take pics and show you, guy has nice key books but way way to expensive 

Will stick to waiting, buying on here, comic link or eBay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,653 posts
5 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

The one main seller that has slabs there was selling 8.5-9.0s at 9.8 prices lol 

Will take pics and show you, guy has nice key books but way way to expensive 

Will stick to waiting, buying on here, comic link or eBay 

You want the link to ice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50,622 posts

As far as in person I made friends with CP Smith and he is very nice.  I saw Sergio Aragones at small convention he was very nice and outgoing.  I saw R Crumb come in to the art store I worked at several times he seemed very shy but I got the impression he would be very nice if a fan approached him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,653 posts
Just now, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

All good when the time is right I will put up a WTB sign (thumbsu

I just saw one from New York 2400 USB but you can talk em down:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,937 posts

joe rubenstein was busy this year or i guess seemed distant.... but maybe i didn't 

restricted.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,637 posts

I've met P. Craig Russell several times at conventions in Ohio (he must be local to the area). He always has been more than polite and engaging. He signed an Elric run & hardcover, his Killraven graphic novel , Ring of the Nibelung and several other works. Many times he didn't want any money, think he was just happy someone recognized him and appreciated his work.

Really nice guy, hope to run into him again this year!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228 posts

Met Donny Cates today at Sydney Supanova, awesome guy who is down to earth and in great spirits after spending 18 hours on a plane

 

Signed  this for me for free and was willing to sign more and talk longer but he had an appearance panel, super stoked

No CGC facilitator there but didn't care as I had a great time 

 

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,653 posts
51 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Met Donny Cates today at Sydney Supanova, awesome guy who is down to earth and in great spirits after spending 18 hours on a plane

 

Signed  this for me for free and was willing to sign more and talk longer but he had an appearance panel, super stoked

No CGC facilitator there but didn't care as I had a great time 

 

 

image.jpeg

That is so awesome

Did he still have his blonde hair? Lol

I hope one day he comes to Toronto for a show

Too me he is one of the best in the business.

I'm glad you got a chance too meet him

Super cool guy,I bet.

How bout your comics

Did you meet your goals?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,228 posts
Just now, Hollywood1892 said:

That is so awesome

Did he still have his blonde hair? Lol

I hope one day he comes to Toronto for a show

Too me he is one of the best in the business.

I'm glad you got a chance too meet him

Super cool guy,I bet.

How bout your comics

Did you meet your goals?

Haha yes blonde hair still, was in great spirits still after a 18 hour flight, super nice guy which is great for the industry

I brought a few, he signed 1, will get him to sign a few more over Saturday and Sunday 

Brought a few nice books which I'm super happy about, hope to not spend anymore lol

My own CGC books haven't sold yet but it should pick up over the weekend 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2