• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shipping long boxes
3 3

17 posts in this topic

Ok, I will be shipping some long boxes in the near future.  I rarely ship that many comics at a time, so I thought I would see if I can benefit from the experience of those of you who do.

A few questions:

1.  Do you recommend shipping comics in long boxes, or is there a cost effective alternative?

2.  What carrier works best for that size of shipment?

3.  What extra precautions have you used that help keep all the books safe?

Just any advice anybody out there might have, any pitfalls to avoid, things like that.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer. (thumbsu 

I get long boxes shipped to me all the time via media mail. Costs around $30. If the boxed are good enough, you don't need any extra padding other than maybe at the corners. Tape the lid on well, obviously.

I mean, don't send high grade Golden books like that, but bulk stuff is all good.

I also use this method for most shipping as it makes most boxes cost only a couple of dollars and really light as well as strong. For single CGC comics I will bubble wrap. Make a box exact size. Bubble wrap that box and make another over it. Usually costing a total of about $3 and can usually ship for about $10.  Plus when shipping high Insurance value items , especially international,  USPS require it to be shipped Registered which I leave the colored tape off corners as the security tape is the only way for Registered. 

20181220_121958.jpg

20190614_230737.jpg

20180214_084425.jpg

34 minutes ago, 500Club said:

This is either grammatically incorrect, or very disturbing.  hm

:whatthe:

38 minutes ago, 500Club said:
1 hour ago, Raze said:

Glad to see your back @kav !

This is either grammatically incorrect, or very disturbing.  hm

33inp7.jpg