• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AMATURE ART IN MY COMICS
1 1

6 posts in this topic

SO I PICKED UP A NICE WORLDS FINEST 156. WHEN I OPENED IT UP, SOME KID ( WHO IS PROBABLY NOW OLD OR DEAD) DECIDED TO WRITE HIS NAME AND ADDRESS ON A FORM AND THROW IN A FEW EXTRA BEARDS AND MUSTACHES. WONDERING HOW BAD THIS DINGS THE GRADE, DUDES.

On 6/14/2019 at 9:16 PM, MARK ARNEY said:

SO I PICKED UP A NICE WORLDS FINEST 156. WHEN I OPENED IT UP, SOME KID ( WHO IS PROBABLY NOW OLD OR DEAD) DECIDED TO WRITE HIS NAME AND ADDRESS ON A FORM AND THROW IN A FEW EXTRA BEARDS AND MUSTACHES. WONDERING HOW BAD THIS DINGS THE GRADE, DUDES.

Look him up, see if he is rich and have him pay for what he has done!

That would depend on the overall grade of the book and weather it is going to receive a "Green" or "Blue" label.

If the book is already a "Well Loved" reader (FR 1.0 - VG 4.0) it probably will not have any affect on the grade.

Just so you are aware I probably wrote/drew in my comics as a wee tyke, is this one of mine?

I also own books with writing on the cover or interior pages, to me it is part of the history of the book and when you are collecting on a budget it makes it easier to get older books.

Fantastic Four 4 FR 1.0.JPG

Avengers 5   FR-GD 1.5.JPG

Someone tried to scribble a likeness of "Phil" on my UC21.  Kind of cute, but I'd rather not have it.  The Japanese store stamp, however, is pretty cool and makes this cover unique.  Maybe the budding artist was a young Japanese kid or possible a US soldier stationed in Japan during the Korean War (1952), hmmm maybe makes it more desirable to some buyer/owner?  I wish I knew!

BTW, this book was found in Japan.

IMG_0341.JPG

Edited by BanjerD