• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does this look real to you? Death of Superman page

52 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Carl Elvis said:

Page arrived today, definitely real, little bonus on the back, a photocopy of the third panel.

F9301530-4079-45FD-9A12-76BB3AEBF058.thumb.jpeg.b3b56733026cb18a1b3e858b8f6c28da.jpeg

A365DCB2-5E7F-4C16-8CA2-DA7531BAAF24.thumb.jpeg.d72543aa9ccfd54da23d946fbca07f6d.jpeg

ok this is odd-never seen oa page without copyright stamp on back.

54 minutes ago, Carl Elvis said:

I see the same art board was used for the next issue.

https://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1152303

I wonder what the circle and rectangle shapes on the side are for.

Congrats on buying it, Carl. Those circular and rectangular hole punches aren't uncommon. Not sure who did them though, but I assume maybe someone in the editorial office. Perhaps they would place them in some sort of binder for the ditor to be able to flip through all the pages more easily. Just a guess though. I have plenty of pages like that.

On 6/15/2019 at 11:16 PM, Rubén DaCollector said:

Carl,

It's definitely real. It's not exactly a top level page, content wise, but as has been mentioned, it's still closer to $500 than to $300. Feel free to buy it, and when it's safely at home with you, let me know, and I'll give you the $500 for it. Oh, and I won't make any attempt to disparage or humiliate you because you "flipped it to me" for a quick profit. Let me know when you're ready.

-Rubén

Those holes are usually there to hold the art in place either on a light table or for a camera when they are shooting the positives during the pre-press production.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, Carl Elvis said:

Page arrived today, definitely real, little bonus on the back, a photocopy of the third panel.

F9301530-4079-45FD-9A12-76BB3AEBF058.thumb.jpeg.b3b56733026cb18a1b3e858b8f6c28da.jpeg

Great pickup! There's strong demand for OA from landmark '90s storylines such as Death of Superman and Knightfall. I reckon this action-packed page with Supes battling Doomsday could fetch upwards of $1k at auction.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:02 PM, kav said:

ok this is odd-never seen oa page without copyright stamp on back.

I think most/all of my OA from the late-'80s onwards doesn't have a stamp on the back... I only recall seeing stamps on my '70s and earlier OA.

5 hours ago, oldwhy said:

Holy s...! Is 4k the current market rate for pages like this? 1.5k would have been my absolute highest guess... Unbelievable!  

I had trouble keeping track of the offers. Seems a lot of folks have fond memories of this storyline.

Edited by Carl Elvis