• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden-Age: What’s Hot or Not Today
1 1

32 posts in this topic

SDCC is only about a month away now so I was interested in what boardies thought were the hot or cold genres or titles or single books right now. I collect most stuff (exceptions being most war or westerns) so just looking for some thoughts on where you would buy right now based on the current market conditions. Be as general or as specific as you like. Romance  genre or Baker books or Teenage Romances #14 all work for me. I check some of the market myself so just looking to see what I’m missing. Any help out there for a fellow collector with your insights? 

3 hours ago, N e r V said:

I collect most stuff (exceptions being most war or westerns)

Thank you :foryou:

Planets are hot, new collectors keep energizing the run.

Lower grade Bakers, Archies, and Centaurs have cooled off a bit, but I wouldn’t describe them as being cold (more like lukewarm).

Romance is steadily rising, especially oddball and non-photo cover stuff, some scarce books.

PCH hot, obviously.

Fox mainline titles remain hot.

MLJ generally hot.

EC’s heating up.

Goofy DC is slow.

Edited by sacentaur

21 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I see a lot of stuff missing from these lists but I’m not telling. :devil:

Too hard to find the ones I want already...:sorry:

:gossip: The insider info is that Television Puppet Show and Gabby Hayes are set to explode.

Edited by KirbyJack

5 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Great war covers seem to be gaining momentum too

8 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

I’m useless to you. The only recommendations I can give you (that aren’t obvious; PCH, Baker) are Space Western and Foxhole.

I agree war covers are hot/heating up, especially flamethrower stuff. 

DeCalro GGA, PCH especially Harvey classic covers, LB Cole, Centaurs, Fox, any GGA bondage covers. 

9 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I see a lot of stuff missing from these lists but I’m not telling. :devil:

Too hard to find the ones I want already...:sorry:

you never let the cat out of the bag lol

22 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Lower grade Bakers, Archies, and Centaurs have cooled off a bit, but I wouldn’t describe them as being cold (more like lukewarm).

Well, probably not in the case of Pep 22 as we are still waiting for a few of these to hopefully hit the marketplace one of these days.  :wishluck:

As for the early Centuars, if it's the right copy at a "reasonable" price, you can bet that I'll most definitely be more than interested in that.  :takeit:

2 hours ago, rjpb said:

There does frequently seem to be a pause with a lot of red hot books, where the buying community seems to react with a "hmm maybe not that much"  that halts the spiral, though often it can pick up again later. 

+1

This definitely seems to be true as the market clearly cycles itself through from one sector to the next, before eventually completing the circle and then starts the same rinse and repeat cycle all over again.  hm

55 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, probably not in the case of Pep 22 as we are still waiting for a few of these to hopefully hit the marketplace one of these days.  :wishluck:

Huh? Archies are Archies, Pep 22 is MLJ.