• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Akron-Canton (OH) Comic Con June 23, 2019

6 posts in this topic

Didn't see anything posted for this show yet, apologize if this is a dupe.

Nice local 1 day show that's been going on for years at Chapparell's Community Center on June 23, 2019 from 10am-4pm. Admission is a reasonable $5 (6 & under are free)

https://www.conventionscene.com/2018/11/21/akron-canton-comic-con-june-2019/

https://www.facebook.com/Akron-Canton-Comic-Con-2048749302112728/

On 6/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, bc said:

Didn't see anything posted for this show yet, apologize if this is a dupe.

Nice local 1 day show that's been going on for years at Chapparell's Community Center on June 23, 2019 from 10am-4pm. Admission is a reasonable $5 (6 & under are free)

https://www.conventionscene.com/2018/11/21/akron-canton-comic-con-june-2019/

https://www.facebook.com/Akron-Canton-Comic-Con-2048749302112728/

Fun show today.  There had to be a half dozen board members buying and selling and it was great to get caught up.  Hope you got there in time to see all the new pre hero books the Professor brought to the show.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Fun show today.  There had to be a half dozen board members buying and selling and it was great to get caught up.  Hope you got there in time to see all the new pre hero books the Professor brought to the show.

Hey Andrew,

Don't know any of the boardies, but I picked up a nice PHM Strange Tales upgrade from the SS Wilson Collection from a dealer against the wall (guy about my age with a black t-shirt on). He had a slew of really nice PHM books, assume he is the Professor you speak of. He was a cool guy, we chatted for a while.

It was a really nice show, the darn parking lot was filled and it took some creativity to find a spot.

Might head to the Youngstown show in a few weeks...

Sorry I missed you (again!),

-bc\brian

3 hours ago, bc said:

Hey Andrew,

Don't know any of the boardies, but I picked up a nice PHM Strange Tales upgrade from the SS Wilson Collection from a dealer against the wall (guy about my age with a black t-shirt on). He had a slew of really nice PHM books, assume he is the Professor you speak of. He was a cool guy, we chatted for a while.

It was a really nice show, the darn parking lot was filled and it took some creativity to find a spot.

Might head to the Youngstown show in a few weeks...

Sorry I missed you (again!),

-bc\brian

Glad you got a chance to see them.  That’s probably him since he was up against the near wall as you came in and he was the only one with PHM in droves.  I saw some of his new stuff and instantly thought of you.  He can be a pain to haggle with but he brings the goods.  I call him the Professor since he teaches history or something similar at a college down south.  I grabbed a nice batch of hot books but nothing crazy old or expensive.  I was only there until 12:30 but hopefully I can stay around at the next Harper show.

13 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Glad you got a chance to see them.  That’s probably him since he was up against the near wall as you came in and he was the only one with PHM in droves.  I saw some of his new stuff and instantly thought of you.  He can be a pain to haggle with but he brings the goods.  I call him the Professor since he teaches history or something similar at a college down south.  I grabbed a nice batch of hot books but nothing crazy old or expensive.  I was only there until 12:30 but hopefully I can stay around at the next Harper show.

That was him! He talked about finding the PHMs in a box when he had to move his office at the college a few years back.

One of these days I'm going to take some pics for the boards....that way you can point out out the boardies for me :)

1 minute ago, bc said:

That was him! He talked about finding the PHMs in a box when he had to move his office at the college a few years back.

One of these days I'm going to take some pics for the boards....that way you can point out out the boardies for me :)

I always say I'm going to take pictures but I always get busy flipping thru long boxes and completely forget to take out my phone.  I ran into Shrevy, Wolverin180, Ygogolak (Sleepy John) and Nico.  Ygogolak and Nico were set up an corridor over from the Professor but they had a ton of modern stuff so I don't know if you would have stopped in to their area.  Next time you will have to show up before noon so I can introduce you around.