• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help - Book damaged inside CGC slab

6 posts in this topic

Just received this book in the mail from a recent Ebay purchase. Couldn’t tell from the Ebay pics but once in hand the bottom right corner of the cover is bent over the pages of the book causing a crease that doesn’t appear to be colour breaking. I’ve contacted the seller and while I want the book, this looks like it’ll drop the grade and I’ll have to request a refund  

The case is perfect and not damaged yet the corner of the book is. Anyone else have this happen to them? Any tips, advice, suggestions would be appreciated. 

25C6E4C7-D467-4782-A92E-32DF93860775.jpeg

5F1C6398-DDE3-43B5-BBC7-9C268318D789.jpeg

52B797BA-8873-4363-809A-1EED6B39F7F0.jpeg

25 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

Ok. The graders' notes....What did it say?

Sorry

very light readers crease front cover breaks color

very small scuff right center of back cover

very small tear left bottom of front cover

It's Marvel Super Heroes 13.  Your pictures are horribly blurry with little to no clear details shown, but for a 9.4 it definitely looks damaged.  I'd definitely return it.  If it was either 9.4 copy that recently sold on ebay then it was definitely damaged as those copies were solid 9.4s with no defect like your pictures.