• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

20th Annual Post? WTB What If? #29 Avengers Defeat Everyone
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Happy Fathers Day!

Please help me out if you can as my search to reassemble this story has gone very, very dry.

Missing the splash and a handful of pages.  Alan Kupperberg Art.

thanks in advance for any consideration 

Len

For what it’s worth, looking for Guice BoP 28, 29, and 30 anything too!

Hi there! Unfortunately, I can't help you on your quest, but I am curious about it. Have you really been trying to assemble this issue for 20 years or so? Why is it meaningful to you?

We probably have different reasons, but I'm also hoping to get art from a (different) What If book someday that isn't great, but means something to me. Mine is Vol. 2, Issue 25: What if Set Had Come to Earth? What If is my all-time favorite series (see my avatar) and 25 was one I really enjoyed and reread multiple times, to the point of wearing out my comic. Unfortunately the artist of that issue, Rik Levins, has passed away, but I've seen some pages on CAF and will probably make offers in the future on some of them.

Anyhow, seeing someone else who is searching for a not-in-high-demand What If issue's OA got me curious. I truly hope you are able to meet your goal someday!

Thanks for the kind words BuraddoRun.

The search for additional pages has run dry for me at this point.  I've spoken with Alan Kupperberg (before his passing, RIP) and Al Gordon, and beaten down every door I can think of over the decades.

I've ended up with 15 of the 18 panel pages, and am also missing the splash.

To answer your question directly, for some reason, Iron Man's sad soliloquy on the final page really resonated with my younger mind.  The drama to me was intense.  Later in life when I stumbled upon 'comic art' I somehow ended up with that very page right away, and the hunt was on!

Simply could not believe it. Somewhere in the very early 2000's I wrote a nice (my opinion :)) article on this passion of mine in the CFA-APA.  

Regardless - I'll keep my eyes peeled for you on any of those pages that you are looking for as I keep ringing the bell once a year.

If anyone has one of these last four pages, please allow me to make an offer to you - I promise you these are meaningful to me and my offer will reflect that 

Best to all for health

Mess