• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Curious about GPA Avengers 4 9.6 signed by Lee/Kirby

89 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

A GG post-by!  And most obviously, a fellow Kirbyite.    :tink:

He-he doesn'r r-remember me.....:tonofbricks:

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

The devil, you say. :devil:   That's just not possible.   (tsk)

yeah!!!!  he's just messin around!!!

17 minutes ago, kav said:

He-he doesn'r r-remember me.....:tonofbricks:

Well, one thing's for sure. Writers typically write because they have a lot to say. He swooped in like he was going to pay out and spill his guts like a million dollar slot machine spewing pancake sized tokens. He appeared ready to palaver, and abruptly vacated the forum like he saw Jack Kirby's ghost. Somehow, someway, though not intended by either of us, we appear to have scared the bejesus out of him, strange as that seems. hm

Edited by James J Johnson

well he's a busy guy also he mentioned something about a new keyboard.

4 minutes ago, kav said:

yeah!!!!  he's just messin around!!!

Don't you be coy. Don't ever try to pretend that you think someone can post here and not know who you are. That your reputation doesn't precede you! Ha! Fat chance.  We'd have a better chance of playing pick-up sticks by clenching our butt-cheeks than that happening. :eek:

Just now, James J Johnson said:

Well, his lack of verbiage was nicely counterbalanced by his being very concise.

This whole event is baffiling.  Glen is usually very responsive and knowledgeable.

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

I hope the real GG makes an appearance. Am I being too greedy to wish for that? He already posted and maybe we should be satisfied.

we should take our satisfaction where we can get it.  Also possible he was using some kind of code, much as in the movie Contact.

8 minutes ago, kav said:

It's just you and me now buddy-all others have been run off, by us.

Maybe it was a Glen Gold from an alternate timeline? A Mandela effect parallel universe? Where Darth Vader said, "Noooooooo…. I am your father", instead of "Luke.....I am your father"? One where Kirby went door to door selling vacuum cleaners, and the only artistic thing he ever slung was Bull-****?. A timeline where Charles Schultz teamed up with Stan Lee to create the Marvel Universe and all the characters looked like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Snoopy? 

And, oh, yeah. Before I forget. In before the lock!

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Maybe it was a Glen Gold from an alternate timeline? A Mandela effect parallel universe? Where Darth Vader said, "Noooooooo…. I am your father", instead of "Luke.....I am your father"? One where Kirby went door to door selling vacuum cleaners, and the only artistic thing he ever slung was Bull-****?. A timeline where Charles Schultz teamed up with Stan Lee to create the Marvel Universe and all the characters looked like Charlie Brown, Lucy, and Snoopy?

It could be an earth 471 type situation or maybe the Hades Universe.

I'm sorry, am I supposed to offer an opinion on something?  Okay: A couple of years after Jack died, I was at the house of A Person (not his real name) who pulled out a stack of "Jack Kirby" signature cards.  He said that before Jack had died, he had about 100 of these filled out so he could have them as authentic Jack Kirby signatures.  Another Guy (also not his real name) looked at the signatures and said, "Roz signed these."  They got in an argument that came down to whether A Person had actually been in the room when they'd been filled out.  He couldn't remember.  That's when I decided have a harder look at my signature collection of Bob Kane clown paintings, as I was starting to have my doubts. 

2 minutes ago, glendgold said:

I'm sorry, am I supposed to offer an opinion on something?  Okay: A couple of years after Jack died, I was at the house of A Person (not his real name) who pulled out a stack of "Jack Kirby" signature cards.  He said that before Jack had died, he had about 100 of these filled out so he could have them as authentic Jack Kirby signatures.  Another Guy (also not his real name) looked at the signatures and said, "Roz signed these."  They got in an argument that came down to whether A Person had actually been in the room when they'd been filled out.  He couldn't remember.  That's when I decided have a harder look at my signature collection of Bob Kane clown paintings, as I was starting to have my doubts. 

(worship) It was worth the wait!  

4 minutes ago, kav said:

It could be an earth 471 type situation or maybe the Hades Universe.

I don't know what's wrong with these people, wherever they're from. They post, they get our hopes up; throwing the bucket of bait in the water and getting us all chummed up. I thought we were going to talk Kirby and that blew up right in our faces like an exploding coconut custard pie.

2 minutes ago, glendgold said:

He's got 100 of something signed by the King and he can't remember if he was there when JK signed them? I would think that if he was enough of a fan or businessman to set up a situation to procure 100 Kirby autographs, his memory of their acquisition wouldn't be muddled. I'm skeptical about his amnesia, GG.