• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Midtown verification for Qualified SS?

7 posts in this topic

I am new to the forums, and this may already have been answered, so, if it has can you direct me to the answer. But...

I have several comics signed by various creators. Many from Midtown Comics with the verified signature from them. If I submit both to CGC, would I still get a qualified SS, or would it be unqualified?

2 hours ago, Dwitkin82 said:

What if Midtown does the actual submission themselves as they now accept CGC drop offs/SS appearances at their locations?

Well if they (Midtown) have their own CGC SS witness and chain of custody is kept before mailing to CGC, that would be ok for CGC SS.  But that is the normal process for CGC SS.

On 6/21/2019 at 8:37 AM, Dwitkin82 said:

What if Midtown does the actual submission themselves as they now accept CGC drop offs/SS appearances at their locations?

It would have to be singed at a current or upcoming signing that they are hosting.  You would NOT BE ALLOWED to just walk in with a book from an old signing even if you have a COA attached and be allowed to submit it for Sig Series labeling.  It would come back as Green Label still.