• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRICES REDUCED ON REMAINING BOOKS! RAW BOOKS ADDED 6/18 - 6/19! GA & BA XM 101 RAW FN-ish, WS 9 RAW F/VF-ish, PLANET 58 RAW VG/FN-ish
4 4

37 posts in this topic

X-MEN #101 6.0 to 6.5 -ish OW/W - was $250  NOW $220!!  Solid, colorful and flat copy.  Cover and cf attached.  Some tiny color braking creases at the upper and lower right corners of fc as well as a lightly color breaking thumb crease at the right edge of the fc just to the right of the X-Men logo.  5-6 tiny color breaking spine creases.  Back cover somewhat dingy.  Very light discoloration on outer edge of staples.

xm101fc.jpg

xm101bc.jpg

Edited by Mystafo

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5 4.5 to 5.0 -ish OW - $300 NOW SOLD!! Nicely presenting for the grade, IMHO.  Great color.  Cover and cf attached.  Staples slightly discolored.  Tiny stain at bottom edge of fc that's very hard to see from the outside as it's in a solid black area.  Back cover somewhat dingy with a small, very light stain at the bottom edge (not the same stain as the front.  Neither go through the book). 

ms5fc.jpg

ms5bc.jpg

Edited by Mystafo

1 hour ago, Mystafo said:

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT #5 4.5 to 5.0 -ish OW - $300  Nicely presenting for the grade, IMHO.  Great color.  Cover and cf attached.  Staples slightly discolored.  Tiny stain at bottom edge of fc that's very hard to see from the outside as it's in a solid black area.  Back cover somewhat dingy with a small, very light stain at the bottom edge (not the same stain as the front.  Neither go through the book). 

ms5fc.jpg

ms5bc.jpg

:takeit: via pm

PLANET COMICS #66 4.5 to 5.0 (?) -ish OW/W - $450 NOW SOLD!!  This is a funny one to describe.  Solid, well-presenting book with lots of color and nice pq.  Bought it as another guy's 5.0 (not THOSE guys) and cracked it out because I wanted to look at it more closely...it appears to me that the book may have been pressed in order to shift the spine a bit toward the back of the book.  The pages are fanned the opposite way one might expect a standard spine rolled book to be.  The white line of the original fold as well as the spine ticks can be seen on the back cover.  Also at the center fold, there appears to be a funny crease running along side the staples.  There is a light, book length subscription crease on the fc.  There is a small tear at the bottom on one page on the interior as well as a small gripper hole on the following page.  Both staples are attached at the cover and cf, though there are some moderate staple tears at the top staple.  Staples have a very tiny bit of rust but there doesn't appear to be any transfer.  

planet66fc.jpg

planet66bc.jpg

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

PLANET COMICS #66 4.5 to 5.0 (?) -ish OW/W - $450  This is a funny one to describe.  Solid, well-presenting book with lots of color and nice pq.  Bought it as another guy's 5.0 (not THOSE guys) and cracked it out because I wanted to look at it more closely...it appears to me that the book may have been pressed in order to shift the spine a bit toward the back of the book.  The pages are fanned the opposite way one might expect a standard spine rolled book to be.  The white line of the original fold as well as the spine ticks can be seen on the back cover.  Also at the center fold, there appears to be a funny crease running along side the staples.  There is a light, book length subscription crease on the fc.  There is a small tear at the bottom on one page on the interior as well as a small gripper hole on the following page.  Both staples are attached at the cover and cf, though there are some moderate staple tears at the top staple.  Staples have a very tiny bit of rust but there doesn't appear to be any transfer.  

planet66fc.jpg

planet66bc.jpg

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

DSC_0020.JPG

DSC_0021.JPG

DSC_0022.JPG

Take

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Quick draw, Nik! ^^

Just now, Nikelspot said:

Looks like a beaut and I appreciate the detailed description :)

I was hovering over the take button, but...ironically, I'm saving some powder for Nik's thread. Nik has cornered the market on buying AND selling...

giphy.gif

PLANET COMICS #58 5.0 to 5.5 -ish OW - was $400  NOW $350!! Another solid book with nice color.  Staples are attached at the cover and cf.  There is a small amount of rust on the staples with some minor transfer to the cover.  Area of color rub along spine on fc.  Some areas of ink speckling on the bottom of the fc.  Some small areas of very light staining on bottom edge of bc.  I took some pics of the interior front cover just for the sake of full disclosure...I'm personally 99.5% sure there is no color touch on the book however there are some areas of what I believe is production bleed-through.  I have seen this effect on a few different Planet Comics that I've owned over the years and have scrutinized all of them with a loupe under bright lighting and cannot see any corresponding areas on the front that appear color touched.  

planet58fc.jpg

planet58bc.jpg

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0024.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

DSC_0026.JPG

DSC_0028.JPG

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0035.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

WEIRD SCIENCE #9 6.5 or 7.0 -ish OW/W - was $500  NOW $450!!  Super nice, solid book.  I didn't have it pressed but it's very smooth and flat (not squished) so the previous owner may have.  A few small spine ticks on the fc as well as a tiny chip out of the bc lower left corner and several of the pages.  There is also a very light "S" shaped pencil (?) mark in the very center of the fc.  A couple of small non color breaking bends on the bc.  Staples both attached at cover and cf.  Very tiny specs of rust on outer staples but no apparent transfer.  Some very minor staple tears at cover.  There does seem to be a tiny little spot of transfer from another book right by the top staple.

ws9fc.jpg

ws9bc.jpg

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

Edited by Mystafo

:bump:  for price deductions on remaining books

-Tales From The Crypt #37 CGC 5.5 - NOW $400!!

-X-Men #101 Raw FN-ish - NOW $220!!

-Weird Science #9 Raw F/VF-ish - NOW $450!!

-Planet Comics #58 Raw VG/F-ish - NOW $350!!