• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When you collect but not for the reason everyone else is
1 1

43 posts in this topic

just wondering if this happens to anyone else. I collect Marvel Value Stamps. I learned some time ago that there is color variants of the stamps so I have been collecting them. I am down to needing 2, one of which just happens to be in Giant Sized Fantastic Four #4. I dont care at all about some multiple man character i want the book for the stamp, but because the book is considered a key and i want to complete my collection i will have to shell out hundreds of dollars. 

Happen to anyone else? Collecting something but not for the reason everyone else is?

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

just wondering if this happens to anyone else. I collect Marvel Value Stamps. I learned some time ago that there is color variants of the stamps so I have been collecting them. I am down to needing 2, one of which just happens to be in Giant Sized Fantastic Four #4. I dont care at all about some multiple man character i want the book for the stamp, but because the book is considered a key and i want to complete my collection i will have to shell out hundreds of dollars. 

Happen to anyone else? Collecting something but not for the reason everyone else is?

people used to sell piles of marvel value stamps on ebay.  I dont see anything currently.  Maybe they have become 'hot'.

7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Just checked feebay and there is a cheap GSFF#4 at MCS:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Giant-Size-Fantastic-Four-4-1975-FR-GD-1-5/312583379913?hash=item48c76bdbc9:g:CaUAAOSwKptcv7r3

2 minutes ago, bc said:

And the description seems to imply that the stamp hasn’t been cut out ^^

19 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Zatara fans feel your pain.

well I collect the books not to cut out the stamp but to have it complete with stamp intact. I also collect F to VF. I swear GS Ff 4 was a 5 dollar book for ages. The movie the character was in wasn't that great either. Sigh...

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

What's on your list? What do you have and what are you looking for?

I have Detective Comics, and Superman.

I should also note that I'm looking for already-CGC'd copies.

Action Comics will be difficult to find since there are only 2 on the census. I may have to put up a bounty.

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

well I collect the books not to cut out the stamp but to have it complete with stamp intact. I also collect F to VF. I swear GS Ff 4 was a 5 dollar book for ages. The movie the character was in wasn't that great either. Sigh...

He was in a movie?.....and I'm not being a smart alec either. Was he in the horrible FF movie that no one saw?

Edited by Boric Gold

29 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

That's an interesting one.

I'm collecting issue #666 of whichever titles exist, because I'm evil. Does that count..?

Including variants?  ASM's going to kill you. 

41 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

....because the book is considered a key and i want to complete my collection i will have to shell out hundreds of dollars. 

Happen to anyone else? 

Yes. As a Spider-Man completist I had to buy Daredevil #1. That's the only reason that I bought it - Spidey's cover appearance. Spidey's meaningless, non story, non continuity cover appearance.

4 minutes ago, Red84 said:

Same problem for me with Archie's Madhouse 22. I enjoy robot covers but that issue is expensive because its the first appearance of Sabrina.

Katy Keene #62 is quite pricey too. I'm after the pence copy.

47 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I just looked at completed ebay listings. There's plenty of recent ones that ended from $5 -$15, some for even less. I think you can find you grade range for cheap if you keep at it.