• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it bad form to ask a seller if a book is pressed in the For Sale area? Or keep question to PM?
3 3

96 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:
21 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

It is bad form to not buy from me.

This is your only warning.

Raw HG Unpressed X-men 94-134

DNR 1-4 HG unpressed

SPEAK UP!

Sold all my duplicates a long time ago, so that would be dipping into the private reserve...., 

Which might not be a bad idea...., except the 94 needs to be pressed..., hm

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:
9 minutes ago, wombat said:

That totally doesn't sound shady as hell. 

He was upfront about it. And I appreciate someone broadcasted their, um, BS right from jump. 

Like saying a book has water stains, when you had greggy sleeping in the basement?

57 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Sold all my duplicates a long time ago, so that would be dipping into the private reserve...., 

Look at the coincidence of all this. I have a 94 - 134 HG raw unpressed run already and trying to build a second collection, a private reserve if you will, like you. So your private reserve would become my private reserve.

It's a private reserve if you own the run or I do, so it's the same. Sell it to me. 

12 minutes ago, NoMan said:
14 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Look at the coincidence of all this. I have a 94 - 134 HG raw unpressed run already and trying to build a second collection, a private reserve if you will, like you. So your private reserve would become my private reserve.

It's a private reserve if you own the run or I do, so it's the same. Sell it to me. 

Hoarder :baiting: 

3 hours ago, BobBain said:

If I were selling a book that had been pressed, I don't see any reason why I would tell you (even if you did ask).

It is.  I'm not interested in the bs that other people might be.
Having a book pressed is no different than having it in a bag and board.  It's just another manner of preserving it.

Wow...

If I were selling a book that had been pressed, I don't see any reason why I would tell you (even if you did ask).

Blocked. 

My personal favorite is when people ask me if a book is pressed and I tell them that I purchased the book already slabbed.

Their follow up question?

”Do you think the book was pressed?”

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Don’t see an issue. I always reply to such question. Actually had one the other day. Never heard back from the person - not a simple - thanks. That is the other thing bothering me. The disregard for the time taken as a seller to answer questions

004BF16A-24B6-4C4F-9974-2606939CD4A4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Poka said:

Don’t see an issue. I always reply to such question. Actually had one the other day. Never heard back from the person - not a simple - thanks. That is the other thing bothering me. The disregard for the time taken as a seller to answer questions

004BF16A-24B6-4C4F-9974-2606939CD4A4.jpeg

but ...... but..... he thanked you in advance!  :makepoint: 

4 minutes ago, Poka said:

I think you gave him an honest answer but it wasn't the answer he was looking for.  Maybe that's why he didn't respond, even with a courtesy comment.