• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I am NOT convinced.

23 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am thinking about returning two Cherry comic books back after receiving them today.

Of course the auction company OVERGRADED them. Both copies were described as NM/M but one is NM- and other is VF+ at best. I overpaid too.

Also, I am still NOT convinced that 3-D glasses are original that were inserted Cherry #11 Special Issue so please confirm me if these glasses are original or not.  I hope for the unoriginal item.

Here is the picture.

IMG_6518.thumb.JPG.72922718417f9f38f5a72b5120d11b43.JPG

I found two more examples from #CherryPoptart

However, I couldn't find the originals so help me. I appreciate your time and affirmations.

1165294051_ScreenShot2019-06-17at1_55_46PM.png.584d23ea2d62c0fb3104baa60120af1e.png1114425652_ScreenShot2019-06-17at1_55_28PM.png.c0a382524c91d843026ca72c5b81a0ea.png

13 minutes ago, kav said:

I'm pretty sure these were what the orig 3D glasses looked like

Screenshot 2019-06-17 at 12.08.20 PM.png

13 minutes ago, paperheart said:

the glasses in my Cherry #11 are the same as in the top picture

So, the white glasses are original. No typos on them?  From what I see, I found "Video 3-D" on the glasses so I got a hunch that was not original.

Just now, James J Johnson said:

That's them.

Are you sure?  I'm having doubts now as those are the exact ones you can buy in bulk on ebay, today.

16 minutes ago, kav said:

Are you sure?  I'm having doubts now as those are the exact ones you can buy in bulk on ebay, today.

Now I'm not. The only solid lead I can get as to which glasses were originally issued with the book is a google hit on a CGC forum post by member: mschmidt  on 1/302009. He was offering a Cherry #11 (2nd print) with the original glasses. A PM to him referencing this thread may prove enlightening as to what the three-D glasses issued looked like.

Edited by James J Johnson

31 minutes ago, kav said:

:wishluck:

I saw him at CGC booth in C2E2. That day, he and the staffs were overwhelmed with few hundred customers at the booth with new debut of the superheroes on CGC labels plus new computers were installed but the system were stalled and restarted multiple times.

I will try him with his email address - info@angryapecomics.com

:wishluck: Me too.

Edited by JollyComics

2 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

It's a common misconception that Cherry #11 came with 3-D glasses inserted - it didn't.

On the inside front cover, there's a note from Roger May stating that if you need 3-D glasses, you can either ask for a pair at your LCS or send him some cash and he'll send you a pair. The ones he mailed out were the standard 3-D Zone ones - eg. they look like this:

image.thumb.png.eaadb38f8d95f8c4d5cf82aeaace9f6b.png

But, really, there's no "official" pair of glasses for this book.

awesome bit of trivia!  but your sales thread said it came with 'original glasses-'  I assume this means the ones he mailed to you.

Edited by kav

21 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

It's a common misconception that Cherry #11 came with 3-D glasses inserted - it didn't.

On the inside front cover, there's a note from Roger May stating that if you need 3-D glasses, you can either ask for a pair at your LCS or send him some cash and he'll send you a pair. The ones he mailed out were the standard 3-D Zone ones - eg. they look like this:

I kind of thought maybe that the glasses might be non-specific to a 3-D book but didn’t want to comment as I don’t know about this book in particular. 

I remember buying a copy of the 3-D Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters and my LCS gave me the Creature of the Black Lagoon glasses from when Revenge of the Creature was broadcast in 3-D on TV a couple years earlier. 

I think those glasses are probably worth more than the comic now, lol  

47 minutes ago, mschmidt said:

Thank you for clarification Mike!

I just checked the info on the inside front cover.

Here is the picture:

IMG_6520.thumb.JPG.7ee8f9ed4efd45265c26b47424da5064.JPG

Edited by JollyComics

11 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I kind of thought maybe that the glasses might be non-specific to a 3-D book but didn’t want to comment as I don’t know about this book in particular. 

I remember buying a copy of the 3-D Adolescent Radioactive Blackbelt Hamsters and my LCS gave me the Creature of the Black Lagoon glasses from when Revenge of the Creature was broadcast in 3-D on TV a couple years earlier. 

I think those glasses are probably worth more than the comic now, lol  

I remember those Creature glasses!!!!! Now I want a pair. I miss those days when a 3-D broadcast on TV was a major event. Really brought everyone together.

That's interesting about the glasses, thanks @mschmidt! I bought a Cherry 11 last year (which I sold on the boards, i believe) and it came with the banana-scented scratch n sniff glasses, which I've never seen before.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

I remember those Creature glasses!!!!! Now I want a pair. I miss those days when a 3-D broadcast on TV was a major event. Really brought everyone together.

The big one when I was a kid was "Gorilla At Large". The local convenience stores had the glasses. I was so excited. When the actual movie finally came on, it was so bad I don't think I even finished it.