• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGX 9.6 Avengers #4 - What Would CGC Do?
1 1

90 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, mosconi said:

That is quite the enterprise.  PGX grader goes around to comic shows and buys his comics (CGC books at that), takes them back to the garage, re-grades them (while shooing away the cats off the books), encapsulates, and then sells them on eBay under various shill accounts :ph34r:

And explain to me again how PGX is still in business?

spins straw into gold for sure.  some day the hammer is gunna drop on his garage enterprise. 

3 hours ago, mosconi said:

That is quite the enterprise.  PGX grader goes around to comic shows and buys his comics (CGC books at that), takes them back to the garage, re-grades them (while shooing away the cats off the books), encapsulates, and then sells them on eBay under various shill accounts :ph34r:

The luck of the Irish + low overhead? (shrug)

On 6/18/2019 at 5:53 PM, James J Johnson said:

I tried using the forum search engine to see if noted in the past. No luck using that. But I was able to find this using google. The book I was referring to, which could be the same book, was already discussed here 5+ years ago!:

Just an FYI......even though that old thread doesn't contain any pictures, jaybuck43 did describe the signature (see quote below) in a little bit of detail.  Not sure that it helps much though.

On 12/16/2013 at 8:29 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Even if DJbrady4u wasn't selling that, id be really worried about the sig. The s and e's don't look right, the sig is not on a slant which he generally does, AND the under swipe doesn't follow the signature, which it almost always does.

3 minutes ago, Domo Arigato said:
On 6/18/2019 at 4:53 PM, James J Johnson said:

I tried using the forum search engine to see if noted in the past. No luck using that. But I was able to find this using google. The book I was referring to, which could be the same book, was already discussed here 5+ years ago!:

Just an FYI......even though that old thread doesn't contain any pictures, jaybuck43 did describe the signature (see quote below) in a little bit of detail.  Not sure that it helps much though.

On 12/16/2013 at 7:29 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Even if DJbrady4u wasn't selling that, id be really worried about the sig. The s and e's don't look right, the sig is not on a slant which he generally does, AND the under swipe doesn't follow the signature, which it almost always does.

but I would assume his team of graders all checked for authenticity before it went to the encapsulation room right?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

but I would assume his team of graders all checked for authenticity before it went to the encapsulation room right?

giphy.gif

Unfortunately the crack team of graders were somewhat preoccupied at this time, as Daniel's mum made them clean out the garage. They also had laundry to hang. 

Upside: snacks were provided. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:04 PM, mosconi said:

Because comic collectors behave like addicts, and won't rock the boat, for fear of being cut off. Not only that, they turn on those who WILL rock the boat, and savage them instead.

Would YOU narc on your crack dealer...?

meh

Patterson has committed provable, demonstrable fraud...a very, very serious accusation that would, under normal circumstances, get anyone who made such a public accusation in serious trouble if it wasn't true...and yet...no one cares. He'll never be shut down, much less prosecuted. That is the world in which we live.

5 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Because comic collectors behave like addicts, and won't rock the boat, for fear of being cut off. Not only that, they turn on those who WILL rock the boat, and savage them instead.

Would YOU narc on your crack dealer...?

meh

Patterson has committed provable, demonstrable fraud...a very, very serious accusation that would, under normal circumstances, get anyone who made such a public accusation in serious trouble if it wasn't true...and yet...no one cares. He'll never be shut down, much less prosecuted. That is the world in which we live.

The solution is clear...

Image result for homer simpson wearing a wire