• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share The Darwyn Cooke Art From Your Personal Collection
2 2

72 posts in this topic

We got a brief example earlier in the thread but does anyone have any Darywn Rocketeer pieces they'd like to show off? I know he did a handful of commissions but also that 8(ish?) page story in Rocketeer Adventures #2 but there is so very little of it on CAF....

On 6/25/2019 at 11:49 PM, dichotomy said:

I LOVE this piece - so full of subtle details. 

IMG_3839.jpeg

Saw this on CAF today.  It's prime Cooke.  Stunning.  

3 hours ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I figured I'd ask here, rather than start a new topic. Cooke's Before Watchmen is beautiful and some of his best work. A few pieces of OA exist out in the wild, but does anyone know why more pages don't circulate?

It's whatever that's given to Albert to sell.  That being said, there was an unadvertised debut of a new binder of Darwyn Cooke Minutemen art in Albert's booth at SDCC this year which should be part of his next website update sometime after his upcoming back surgery.

27 minutes ago, Marwai said:

It's whatever that's given to Albert to sell.  That being said, there was an unadvertised debut of a new binder of Darwyn Cooke Minutemen art in Albert's booth at SDCC this year which should be part of his next website update sometime after his upcoming back surgery.

:luhv:

Wow! That's excellent news!!!

32 minutes ago, Marwai said:

4 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

:luhv:

Wow! That's excellent news!!! 

:banana::banana::banana:

6 minutes ago, cheekyj2112 said:

This is my Darwyn commission of Judge Anderson. He wasn't familiar with the character but said he really enjoyed the challenge.

Cheers
Joseph

Cooke_ Judge Anderson commission.jpg

it looks great. I love when he put color in the pieces and this one in ORANGE, great look for it!

Here are my contributions. The head sketch I got the last time I attended SDCC way back in 2008 and he was doing some quick, free head sketches for people.  The second piece I picked up from a seller as I just thought it was a really cool rendition of WW. Darwyn Cooke was the real deal and I was very glad I got to meet and talk with him both at SDCC and later at Wondercon (way back when it was in SF). 

Flash SDCC 08 D Cooke.jpg

CookeWW.jpg