• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share The Darwyn Cooke Art From Your Personal Collection
2 2

72 posts in this topic

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 2:07 AM, constantb said:

NewFrontiers6.jpg#.XWi7IxWYAg4.link

What a great thread! Thanks for sharing, everyone. Here is a piece I picked up from Albert Moy right around the time New Frontiers ended. 

Amazing piece... just one of my favorite limited series of all freaking time. Wow! really, really, really nice piece man.

27 minutes ago, dichotomy said:

Albert has updated with Minutemen pages. 

I saw! Man..I was refreshing his site every 30 mins the whole day, waiting to pounce. Of course wouldn’t you know it happened when I was driving home from work. But I took a look and it’s awesome that those even exist but I was a little let down. Great prices though...

There’s a page from issue #1 that I was hoping to be on there, that I think I might have a shot at because most people I’d wager would find it a bit boring. With that said, do I blow my money elsewhere or keep pining away that Albert has more pages he’s hanging onto? I wonder if  whoever earlier in the thread thumbed through his Minutemen pages at SDCC can verify wether what they saw is up for sale right now or if there’s still more. Is that something worth reaching out to Albert about or is that pointless exercise?

Edited by ZimmermanTelegram

42 minutes ago, ZimmermanTelegram said:

I saw! Man..I was refreshing his site every 30 mins the whole day, waiting to pounce. Of course wouldn’t you know it happened when I was driving home from work. But I took a look and it’s awesome that those even exist but I was a little let down. Great prices though...

There’s a page from issue #1 that I was hoping to be on there, that I think I might have a shot at because most people I’d wager would find it a bit boring. With that said, do I blow my money elsewhere or keep pining away that Albert has more pages he’s hanging onto? I wonder if  whoever earlier in the thread thumbed through his Minutemen pages at SDCC can verify wether what they saw is up for sale right now or if there’s still more. Is that something worth reaching out to Albert about or is that pointless exercise?

I don't think it's Albert hanging onto them. I think Darwyn's wife is letting them go in batches, and Albert just gets to be the person who handles the administration of the selling.

If you reach out to him the worst that happens is a non-response. Everything is always worth a try... maybe your inquiry hits him at the right moment and he reaches out to the Cookes, and they get you THE page.

... I say reach out first and give it a shot. you can always fall back on getting one of the other pages. :)

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:03 AM, Bill Robinson said:

Thanks for sharing Darwyn's work everyone. The beauty and simplicity of his lines is just . . . beyond words. RIP Darwyn - you are one of the greats.

My favorite Darwyn Cooke quote: "Wrightson is the best artist to use all the lines... so I guess i'll have to be the best who uses the fewest."

Man was a genius at just that. He's def one of my all time favorites, and a super nice guy.

Edited by The Cimmerians Purse
adding