• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just when you thought Chuck couldn't surprise you more
3 3

61 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

You don't understand the marketing aspect behind his emails and blogs then.

I don't understand mostly any of that. Never have, never will. But I do understand one thing about this with crystal clarity.

In and out before the impending lock!  And I'll use this fabulous, little, non-toxically masculine dancing guy to do it.  :whee:

23 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, common knowledge.

Hey, whatever floats your boat as long as it doesn’t hurt anybody else.

But what a couple of funky looking broads...(shrug)

:gossip: It's Drag, they're not trying to look like Scarlett Johansson. 

I did some google searching and started reading up on him since he started talking about this back in February. 

The only shocking thing I found from this was that he contracted West Nile twice and lost part of his cognitive abilities starting in 2003.  If that is the case I cannot help but wonder if some of his prior "woe is me' messages are a product of that. If that is the case then that is a shame.  Some of his earlier messages were a bit odd such as how Hurricane Sandy on the East Coast impacted his sales in Colorado.  Some of his messages over the years have been almost "Yeezy-like" (Kanye West) in nature.  I wonder if all of that is the product of his contracting West Nile twice. 

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

So is that you next to him in that pic?

I can neither confirm nor deny-

55 minutes ago, kav said:

I can neither confirm nor deny-

Maybe this contributed to and facilitated Chuck being robbed? Maybe the robbers mistook Chuck for a chick with his "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" get up and makeup, and thought she would be easy pickins'?

Baby2.gif

Edited by James J Johnson

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

Maybe this contributed to and facilitated Chuck being robbed? Maybe the robbers mistook Chuck for a chick with his "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?" get up and makeup, and thought she would be easy pickins'?

Robber knew it would take a long time to assemble Chuck's get up thats when he used the time to STRIKE

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I'd hang out with him. I'd smoke his Colorado magic and see what happened. 

You'd see what happened all right.

1 minute ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I don't care that he cross dresses, but would anyone here pass up the chance to chat comics with the guy? His legacy will always be mixed, but it's undeniably important.

when I saw him at a coffee shop, I did not pass up my chance-I rushed right over.

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I don't care that he cross dresses, but would anyone here pass up the chance to chat comics with the guy? His legacy will always be mixed, but it's undeniably important.

1 hour ago, kav said:

when I saw him at a coffee shop, I did not pass up my chance-I rushed right over.

It's a long'ish story why so I won't go into it. But over 25 years ago I was asked to interview Chuck for a possible story in the Overstreet Comic Book Monthly. 

I talked to him for maybe an hour. And went back to Bob & Gary Carter and said "I can't write anything that makes any sense. He's just messing with me."  The only things I really learned was that 1) He claimed there was a lot about the Edgar Church Collection he had never talked about and 2) He really enjoyed and felt he was better known in the Denver area for his truck farm - fruits and veggies. 

Chuck is someone that intends to sell his own story, press his own narrative. And probably makes up a bunch of both as he goes along. So whatever you talk about with Chuck, you might not really be learning much about Chuck.  It's the Chuck at that moment. 

I have over the years enjoyed some of his missives from Mile High. The multi part series on the huge warehouse purchase of books with the mob connection was fascinating stuff.  

But I don't think anyone really knows Chuck's story - and that's how he wants it. 

Edited by Tony S