• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Core Silver age titles

27 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, shiverbones said:

I had high grade runs of 60s Thor, daredevil, tta and  tos when I was doing shows in the 90s and no one wanted them even under guide. Even avengers was slow. It’s definitely a more recent trend. 

The month Men 226 came out, I did a show and the guy next to me was a fan trying to sell his personal collection. Deep runs of all the SA Marvels and mainstream DCs.

He literally couldn't give them away. I ended up buying a Bat man / Detective lot of lightly read 12 cent books for fifty cents each and wondering if I overpaid. A dealer had a double cover Men 201 he was asking $100 for. It sold before noon.

17 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Looking at sales data on Comichron starting in 1967 when the Marvel titles really started showing up it looks like ASM, FF, Thor, and Daredevil were the big 4 in the early days.

I'd agree with the first three, but don't ever remember Daredevil being anywhere near them in terms of popularity.  The latter was even published only once every two months at its beginning.

4 hours ago, namisgr said:

I'd agree with the first three, but don't ever remember Daredevil being anywhere near them in terms of popularity.  The latter was even published only once every two months at its beginning.

I was just reading the circulation numbers on Comichron for 67-69.  But someone who was there and collecting at the time would know better.

In the BA, Daredevil was among the weaker Marvel titles.It briefly went bimonthly around 1974 and was one of the only Mainline titles not to have new Giant Sized material.

Just a red haired step child.

On 6/21/2019 at 2:33 PM, shadroch said:

In the BA, Daredevil was among the weaker Marvel titles.It briefly went bimonthly around 1974 and was one of the only Mainline titles not to have new Giant Sized material.

Just a red haired step child.

Like this one?:

:pullhair: