• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Quicksilver story?

54 posts in this topic

The one where he showed up at Inhumans headquarters all injured and stole Crystal away from Johnny Storm due to the Florence Nightengale syndrome.

11 minutes ago, NoMan said:

I got the hots for Crystal. FF 150 (?) they got married 

Johnny Storm should have burned him to a crisp!

This was my introduction to the character (he's prominently featured on the splash page), and also my first Marvel comic:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_104

Don't know about "Best"...but it's a pretty darn good Avengers story in which QS plays a strong role...

...av104_1.jpg.8b0fe5a757be6d9369b3acbd70ff0094.jpg

Edited by jools&jim

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Peter David nailed the character in a couple of pages of X-Factor 87 better than everyone else in the history of writing the character.  Pick up X-Factor 87 and the character will make more sense.  

https://www.cbr.com/get-to-know-quicksilver-a-speed-reading-list/

Found it 

1E2C4282-C113-45DF-8AE6-F6FC6FF40783.jpeg

9 hours ago, NoMan said:

How about fav character: Quicksilver or The Flash?  

I think Quicksilver is a far better character than The Flash. Full disclosure - I’ve never read The Flash.  

Flash has had some far superior stories.  

For example, during the runs from Mark Waid and Geoff Johns.

12 hours ago, NoMan said:

How about fav character: Quicksilver or The Flash?  

I think Quicksilver is a far better character than The Flash. Full disclosure - I’ve never read The Flash.  

Easily the Flash, BUT it has to be the Wally West Flash. Mark Waid's first run is amazing, it still holds up today as an absolute classic. Geoff Johns also had a really good run with Wally, although I find it to be slightly more of an acquired taste. If you want more of an ensemble story, I loved his characterisation in Morrison's JLA run, he was a terrific foil for Kyle. They also had some great team-ups in Kyle's title, and with Connor Hawke in Green Arrow. Well worth seeking out, IMO. 

I can think of some great stories Quicksilver happened to be in, but not many that really just starred him, with the exception of X-Factor #87. 

Some Golden Age fans might prefer Max Mercury.

(That is, the original Quicksilver)

Edited by Ken Aldred

13 hours ago, jools&jim said:

This was my introduction to the character (he's prominently featured on the splash page), and also my first Marvel comic:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Avengers_Vol_1_104

Don't know about "Best"...but it's a pretty darn good Avengers story in which QS plays a strong role...

...av104_1.jpg.8b0fe5a757be6d9369b3acbd70ff0094.jpg

And I first met Quicksilver in Avengers 103, which is the second part of this story arc (Avengers 102-104)!  Highly recommended.

Quicksilver was part of the West Coast Avengers when they fought Immortus and a version of the Legion of the Unliving.  Seemingly, Quicksilver didnt have any dead characters of his own to fight, so Byrne made up Oort, the Living Comet, a future foe we havent met yet.  I've always been intrigued by the possibility of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch getting lost in the future, and making a new villain who hates them both, so for me, the best Quicksilver story hasn't been written yet.

2 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Some Golden Age fans might prefer Max Mercury.

(That is, the original Quicksilver)

thanks for posting this. never heard of Quality comic's Quicksilver. Interweb research says first appearance in Quality's National Comics #5, I think. I don't understand how Quality was bought by DC, became DC but Marvel grabbed the Quicksilver name/trade-mark/whatever.

Edited by NoMan