• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Quicksilver story?

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, kav said:

Flash could runs rings around quicksilver he can even vibrate his molecules and pass thru walls n stuff

Ok, back to ignore with you. Quicksilver is much more powerful than The Flash.

Edited by NoMan

26 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

When he was a shield for Hawkeye in Age of Ultron. :banana:

Flash would never have been hit by something as slow moving as bullets!

3 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Ok, back to ignore with you. Quicksilver is much more powerful than The Flash.

lemme know when he has traveled thru time with his speed!

1 hour ago, kav said:

lemme know when he has traveled thru time with his speed!

Are you talking only Flash #123 story or is traveling thru time something Flash does a lot? As I've stated, never really read the title except for Showcase #4 and Flash #123.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

While not a Quicksilver story, Thing #3 is an amazing story that he is an integral part of. My favorite Byrn story of that era, even if he later refuted it.

Thanks. I'll look that title up. Why did Byrn refute it?

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Are you talking only Flash #123 story or is traveling thru time something Flash does a lot? As I've stated, never really read the title except for Showcase #4 and Flash #123.

he does it a lot.  at least the silver age flash-thats the only one I've read.  he uses his cosmic treadmill.

Flash is so fast he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

Just now, FineCollector said:

Quicksilver was part of the West Coast Avengers when they fought Immortus and a version of the Legion of the Unliving.  Seemingly, Quicksilver didnt have any dead characters of his own to fight, so Byrne made up Oort, the Living Comet, a future foe we havent met yet.

That story, in Avengers Wast Coast #61, was written by Roy and Dann Thomas.  Byrne had fallen out with Tom DeFalco and quit after AWC #57.

link

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Peter David nailed the character in a couple of pages of X-Factor 87 better than everyone else in the history of writing the character.  Pick up X-Factor 87 and the character will make more sense.  

https://www.cbr.com/get-to-know-quicksilver-a-speed-reading-list/

I hated that issue and dislike David's writing in general. The only thing of his I ever read that I liked was the Sachs & Violens series he did with George Perez.

2 hours ago, shadroch said:

While not a Quicksilver story, Thing #3 is an amazing story that he is an integral part of. My favorite Byrn story of that era, even if he later refuted it.

Byrne didn't refute it, later writers did.

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Okay, thanks. I thought I read he claimed the whole thing was a joke. 

That was the hack Peter David who wrote that. :sick:

51 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I hated that issue and dislike David's writing in general. The only thing of his I ever read that I liked was the Sachs & Violens series he did with George Perez.

I'm going with Buzzeta. X-Factor 87 is a classic and I really enjoyed Peter David's run on Hulk.

3 minutes ago, bb8 said:

I'm going with Buzzeta. X-Factor 87 is a classic and I really enjoyed Peter David's run on Hulk.

The best way I can say it is I had a buddy who hated the Hulk as a character, but liked Peter David's run on the book.

Pure garbage.