• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEED DEPENDS! Nevermind
2 2

19 posts in this topic

Does earmarking sales proceeds for a particular purpose increase forum sales? Let's find out.

My house was damaged by a tornado here in Oklahoma on Memorial Day weekend...and my dog ran up a big bill during 3 days in intensive care at the vet due to an unrelated matter...but I have yet another reason to raise cash.

All my children are grown, so I don't need baby diapers, but I am rapidly aging, and now is a great time to build a stockpile of Depends, if for nothing else than making cross-country drives without having to stop at restrooms.

1st “I'll Take It!” in the thread wins and trumps all private negotiations.

NOTE: To maintain an even playing field, a simple “take” (but nothing shorter) will do. Make sure to quote the book you are taking.

Payment by PayPal within 24 hours of invoice. This will be a short listing and active for only a couple of days. I like to get payments in, ship books right out, and get back to things like reroofing the house, repairing a blown out dining room window and replacing all of the fencing that landed on my patio up against the back door.

To avoid confusion, please do not rescind your take or swap with others on the thread.

Shipping in USA is $8 for a USPS Priority flat (up to 3 raw books) or $15 for a box (slabbed book or 4+ raws). For outside the U.S., PM me and let's discuss before taking.

No returns on slabbed books, but for raw contact me within three days of receipt and send it back on your dime in the same shape. Of course, if I missed something important I'll pay for return shipping.

No probation listers or HOSers.

Please do not quote and comment on books, because it confuses some into thinking a book is sold when it is not.

Edited by MBFan
added Baker to title and listing & price drops

CAPTAIN MARVEL ADVENTURES 22 (Fawcett March 1943)

CGC 6.0

$ 1000

Another book that has been heating up, thanks to the successful Shazam movie with a sequel already in the works. Given the fact that (spoiler alert!) Mr. Mind is glimpsed early in the flick and appears in the mid-credits scene, it is highly likely that Mr. Mind will be featured in the sequel.

The Mr. Mind Monster Society of Evil serial begins in Captain Marvel Adventures #22, and Mr. Mind is heard for the first time. Hitler and Captain Nazi also appear in this issue.

Captain Marvel Adventures 22 CGC 6.0 front.jpg

Captain Marvel Adventures 22 CGC 6.0 rear.jpg

AIR FIGHTERS Vol 2 #8 (Hillman Fall 1944)

CGC 7.5 OW

$ 340

The distinctive John Guinta layout, art and color selection on this cover would make a great poster. Inside you'll find art by Rudy Palais, Tony DiPreta, Bob Fujitani and Gil Kane. Disregard the scanner glare. The logo coloring is dark and smooth.

Air Fighters Vol 2 No 8 CGC 7 5 front.jpg

Air Fighters Vol 2 No 8 CGC 7 5 rear.jpg

BATMAN 100 (DC June 1956)

CGC 7.0

Was $ 1675 -- NOW $1450

Batman's milestone 100th issue features 6 classic covers on the front and 3 new Batman & Robin stories inside. My Comic sold a CGC 7.0 Batman #100 just 2 months ago for $1730.

Batman 100 CGC 7.0 front.jpg

Batman 100 CGC 7.0 rear.jpg

Edited by MBFan
price drop

20 minutes ago, MBFan said:

WITCHCRAFT 2 (Avon May-June 1952)

VG

$ 2100

Here's a sweet skull cover that has lit up lately. Earlier this year, 39 eBay bidders battled a Fair copy with glue on the spine to a closing bid of $841. This one was deemed VG by My Comic Shop. Includes art by Sid Check, Norman Nodel/Vince Alascia and Joe Kubert.

Witchcraft 2 raw VG front.jpg

Witchcraft 2 raw VG rear.jpg

Witchcraft 2 raw VG inside front photo.jpg

Witchcraft 2 raw VG center.JPG

Great book!

Doubled back to offer one more before crashing for the night.

Mysterious Adventures 22 (Story Comics October 1954)

$ 275

This twisted little PCH beauty includes a bizarre Cinderella parody, a Hy Fleishman skeleton cover, and a story drawn by Andru & Esposito, who went on to style DC's Wonder Woman in the late 1950's and beyond. Amazing Spider-Man collectors know Esposito as the regular inker of John Romita Sr.'s work for awhile in the late 1960's, when Esposito was credited as “Mickey Demeo”.

This copy was freed from a slab from those 4-lettered guys. They called it 6.5 Off-White. I think it's more like a 6.0, mainly due to the small spine splits at the bottom and middle.

Mysterious Adventures 22 6.0 former cbcs front.jpg

Mysterious Adventures 22 6.0 former cbcs rear.jpg

Mysterious Adventures 22 6.0 former cbcs spine close photo 02.jpg

Mysterious Adventures 22 6.0 former cbcs spine close photo 01.jpg

Someone PM'd and asked why Witchcraft 2 looks so nice, yet is estimated to be a mere VG. In the event others wonder the same, here's a more detailed description:

Interior pages are nice and flat with no tears throughout. There is some cover spine wear, but no holes, with a 3/16" spine split at bottom; 1/8" at top. In the scans and photos you can see some edge wear on the front and back, and a 2-and-3/4-inch crease at the top right which is barely visible because it is so light. There is creasing and stress at the top staple with a 1" spine bend at the top, but both staples are holding at the cover and center. Tiny chip missing from the back bottom corner.

After much examination and thought, I think the reason for the VG is perhaps the accumulation of overall wear and creasing...and lots of crinkling on the cover (finger bends & various stress marks), much of which does not break color, making it pretty much invisible even in a high resolution scan. The worst of the crinkling might be around the crack in the skull on the upper right. A lot of it looks like part of the art until examined closely.

True Love Pictorial 6 (St. John October 1953)

Matt Baker Cover and Art/Ric Estrada Art

$225

How many Matt Baker covers have his 1st name in a word balloon? Only this one, that I know of.

It's got great color, and both staples are attached at cover & center. Piece out of the top of the cover; 3/4” spine split at bottom; minor edge tears front and back; general wear and creasing associated with the grade.

True Love Pictorial 6 raw 2.5 front.jpg

True Love Pictorial 6 raw 2.5 rear.jpg

True Love Pictorial 6 raw 2.5 center.jpg

True Love Pictorial 6 raw 2.5 inside front.jpg

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

So just how soon do you need Depends? Do you need all of them at once?

If my sales are an indication, I will be buying them one-at-a-time. Actually, I wish I had been wearing a pair of Depends a few weeks ago, while I was hiding in my closet and the tornado threw my fence onto the patio. It was a scary moment.

20190620_170748.jpg

Just now, DavidTheDavid said:

Yikes! I have family in Tulsa and roots in Sapulpa. Best wishes to you with repairs. That air fighter looks great!

Thanks. Considering what the folks in Sapulpa have gone through, and those in OK & AR who have been hit by flooding, I feel extremely lucky here in BA.

Well, it appears the only way for me to stir up some sympathy sales here is to knock up a gal and start a new family. And it probably would help if I was willing to take less for the books in this thread. Thank goodness I'm nowhere near old enough to actually need Depends, if ever. :smirk:

Anyhow, thanks for viewing my books. I've got a pile of more reasonably priced goodies that there just isn't time to scan, grade, describe and post right now, so I'll probably be back someday when I have time to deal with posting and handling all the PM's. I totally respect those of you who put up long sales threads. It's not as quick-and-easy as it looks.

Re: Witchcraft 2     After much haggling with several folks via PM, someone did come forward and meet my final drop price, but I could not accommodate a payment plan at this time. Now, that book is going out for cleaning/pressing (if deemed safe by an expert) and slabbing. We'll see if it is a VG...or maybe better. I'll share on the forum once it comes back.

This thread is CLOSED. Have a great weekend!