• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My greatest adventure 80
2 2

61 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, sure, there have even been people on this board who've said that. Granted, I find it quite dubious to consider FF #1 the start of the SA, but some apparently do!

:)

All members of the Flat Earth Society are they?  

On 6/23/2019 at 6:35 AM, shiverbones said:

I really liked the show, one of the few things I have watched that I was continually surprised by. I thought it was a great blend of 60s and Morrison 

Yeah, I was very into the stuff they chose to use from various runs of the comic, but also their own take on the team and the characters. I think I mentioned this over in the TV forum, but the version of Rita from the show is by far my favorite take on the character.

Apparently it has its own panel at SDCC, so maybe they'll announce a second season.  

This is on the board elsewhere but this thread seems like the proper place to post a scan with all of the fine company hereabouts.  I'm surprised a thread for this book wasn't started before now, especially after the TV show was announced.  Great idea, @shiverbones!  You have rectified a tremendous oversight, one which threatened no less than the very reputation of the board itself! (thumbsu

670349864_MGA809.0white(1296151001).thumb.jpg.32810cd3535e793d048475e8fcf78cdd.jpg

Edited by Jim Corrigan

On 6/22/2019 at 9:49 PM, bronze johnny said:

Great book! First superhero concept would be the Legion of Superheroes in Adventure Comics 247. 

Nice catch! (At least as far as a new team goes)

Yes, I know. I'm responding to a post from almost three years ago but, it's okay.  I have a note from my mom that says I can. xD

Edited by Jim Corrigan

On 4/29/2022 at 8:02 PM, Jim Corrigan said:

Nice catch! (At least as far as a new team goes)

Yes, I know. I'm responding to a post from almost three years ago but, it's okay.  I have a note from my mom that says I can. xD

3 years and you finally get back to me! 😂

MGA 80 is such an awesome Silver Age key. Just think about how many SS keys there are with black covers? Showcase 17 and OAAW 83 are the others. Marvel’s major SA keys have none that come to mind from 1961-1964.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:20 PM, bronze johnny said:

See you again in 2025?

Nah, I'll cut that three years in half.  I thought about getting back to you sooner but, since apparently you and I are the only people left on this thread, I thought I'd better spread it out a bit, make it last.  xD

I continue to be amazed at how few of these books there are in high grade (I think there's one more 9.0 since I last looked at the census) and I never see one sell.  That must be the very definition of rare.

Now that the TV series has come to a premature end, I guess it's time to binge, start over watching from the beginning and watch all the way through.  Has anyone watched the entire run?

On 8/1/2023 at 9:00 PM, Jim Corrigan said:

Now that the TV series has come to a premature end, I guess it's time to binge, start over watching from the beginning and watch all the way through.  Has anyone watched the entire run?

Allegedly they will be releasing the final episodes of the show at some point, although I'm still skeptical. They're shot, and when asked directly James Gunn claimed they were in the pipeline but who knows - I wouldn't be surprised if they're just waiting it out until everyone forgets and moves on rather than stirring up bad feelings during the transfer to Gunn. 

On 8/9/2023 at 10:29 AM, rlextherobot said:

Allegedly they will be releasing the final episodes of the show at some point, although I'm still skeptical. They're shot, and when asked directly James Gunn claimed they were in the pipeline but who knows - I wouldn't be surprised if they're just waiting it out until everyone forgets and moves on rather than stirring up bad feelings during the transfer to Gunn. 

So, they have what... six more episodes that haven't streamed?  The last episode I saw was the season 4, episode 6.

On 4/30/2022 at 2:26 PM, bronze johnny said:

MGA 80 is such an awesome Silver Age key. Just think about how many SS keys there are with black covers? Showcase 17 and OAAW 83 are the others. Marvel’s major SA keys have none that come to mind from 1961-1964.

This one?

IMG_0903.thumb.jpeg.311c684dd44b9b7ff4825afe3f04dc35.jpeg